Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Indrid Banned?, what happened?
Imperialist
Posted: June 14, 2005 04:39 am
Quote Post

General de armata

Group: Members
Member No.: 499

I see Indrid has been banned. As in completely banned. Wow. unsure.gif

--------------------
I
PM
Zayda
Posted: June 14, 2005 05:17 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 300

ohmy.gif

The interesting guys are going one after another. How many active posters are left now? 10, 15?

Nice going , Dragos.

By the way, what does "moral conduct of this forum" stand for?
PM
Iamandi
Posted: June 14, 2005 05:49 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 319

I hope this is not a permanent ban.

I dont know what Indrid do, but... a permanent ban? Man...

I read what amins write often about their not so much time. Guys, why you not give to another forumist moderator rank? I know about Denes, but i dont see him here much time like in past... If another moderator is here, maybe much problem can be controlled and thinks dont rise like now. Anyway, forum is bigger now so maybe you can start to think about this option.

Dont think about my person - anyone. I will change my job soon, and i will not have enough time, for sure. And im not as good moderator, because i do not poses enough english skills, not an impartial atitude.

Iama
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Alexandru H.
Posted: June 14, 2005 07:41 am
Quote Post

Sergent major
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 57

More like 5-6... We will become a gathering of old farts, talking under close supervision....

By the way, what does "moral conduct of this forum" stand for?

I suspect this has something to do with fantasy...since a forum cannot have a moral conduct, just some rules that reinforce the personal demons of the administrators rolleyes.gif

I read what amins write often about their not so much time. Guys, why you not give to another forumist moderator rank

Because that person could make this place a little more interesting and maybe full with people that actually talk... We can't have this in a forum that refuses me the usage of one such avatar

user posted image

PMUsers Website
Iamandi
Posted: June 14, 2005 07:53 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

It is a pretty girl!!! It is a little bit strange what you want, but if you want her to represent you in your avatar, is ok. But, is not too peacefull for what means "Alexandru H." on this forum? biggrin.gif

Of course, is not "my" forum... if you catch the point... wink.gif

Iama
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Alexandru H.
Posted: June 14, 2005 08:58 am
Quote Post

Sergent major
Group Icon

It's actually a work-of-art photograph. The gal is the little girl in red from "Schindler's List"
PMUsers Website
Alexandru H.
Posted: June 14, 2005 09:13 am
Quote Post

Sergent major
Group Icon

Iamandi, I'm tired of anarchy, I just want to settle somewhere, with my cows and chicken.... dry.gif

Dont think about my person - anyone. I will change my job soon, and i will not have enough time, for sure. And im not as good moderator, because i do not poses enough english skills, not an impartial atitude.

Impartial attitude? Do we have anyone like that? Heck, if I were a moderator, I wouldn't ban anyone, just make that person leave by himself in shame and disgrace blink.gif

This post has been edited by Alexandru H. on June 14, 2005 09:16 am
PMUsers Website
Iamandi
Posted: June 14, 2005 09:18 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

QUOTE (Alexandru H. @ Jun 14 2005, 09:13 AM)
Iamandi, I'm tired of anarchy, I just want to settle somewhere, with my cows and chicken.... dry.gif

laugh.gif

But, how about Indrid's ban? It is a permanent one?
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Alexandru H.
Posted: June 14, 2005 09:23 am
Quote Post

Sergent major
Group Icon

I think so, the moral fabric of this forum cannot be spoiled by the obsessive rants of one poster.... Hail Big Brother!!!!
PMUsers Website
Alexandru H.
Posted: June 14, 2005 09:30 am
Quote Post

Sergent major
Group Icon

Look at these decisions:

alexkdl has been suspended for a week for excessive swearing and aggressive attitude.

Indrid has been banned for obstinately breaking the forum guidelines and the moral conduct of this forum.

As I already explained to one of the admins, they should drop the "forum guidelines" excuse from their vocabulary. If one reads that "document", he won't find any pretext for such a ban. And when someone receives a week suspension for "excessive swearing" one has to wonder whether simple, not excessive swearing may be ok to use in the future.
PMUsers Website
Iamandi
Posted: June 14, 2005 10:06 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Well, you don't understand yet? That guy, with multiple personalityes, alexkdl, was a special forumist. He was protected ...

Iama

PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
sid guttridge
Posted: June 14, 2005 11:55 am
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 591

Hi Guys,

Having used other forums, I can tell you that this one is well moderated.

A particularly strong feature is that whenever we deviate off topic, the moderator steps in and moves the deviating posts to a new thread of their own. I have not seen this useful device used elsewhere.

Personally, I shan't miss Indrid. He added more to the friction on the forum than to our enlighenment.

Besides, you can bet he will be back, under another name.

Cheers,

Sid.
PMEmail Poster
Alexandru H.
Posted: June 14, 2005 12:26 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major
Group Icon

Such conformity... moderators all-over must love you, Sid rolleyes.gif

A particularly strong feature is that whenever we deviate off topic, the moderator steps in and moves the deviating posts to a new thread of their own. I have not seen this useful device used elsewhere.

How can you say so regarding the "General Discussion" subforum? This is why it is general, tehnically we can speak about everything that is not expressly forbidden. Unfortunately, the mods keep flogging the dead horse of ownership whenever you try to criticize something.

Personally, I shan't miss Indrid. He added more to the friction on the forum than to our enlighenment.

And you've been a member of this forum for how long? One month?

Besides, you can bet he will be back, under another name.

Yeah, he can't live outside the boundries of the forum... rolleyes.gif Give it a rest already....
PMUsers Website
Imperialist
Posted: June 14, 2005 12:57 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 499

QUOTE (Alexandru H. @ Jun 14 2005, 12:26 PM)
Such conformity...

Alex, I sent you a message. Do read it. Its important.

--------------------
I
PM
sid guttridge
Posted: June 14, 2005 01:40 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 591

Hi Alexandru H,

As the moderators go to the trouble of setting up the site, maintaining it and trying to bring some order to our ramblings, yes, I am generally prepared to defer to them. Is that a problem? Besides, if I don't like it, I can always go to another forum.

Yup. I have been a member about a month. Does this disqualify me from having an opinion? You can weigh my opinion against my length of membership if you want. I have no problem with that.

Cheers,

Sid.

PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.2087 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]