Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> English light tanks in Romanian Army in WW2 ?
Agarici
Posted: September 03, 2011 07:04 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE (MMM @ September 02, 2011 10:17 am)
Agarici, I didn't mean to blame the entire "Encyclopedia", ok? There undoubtedly are some good things in it, as well; keeping in mind it's the first such attempt in the history of Romania, it should be recognized!
But here's the catch: even if we had such a tankette as a trial vehicle, it's propagandistic to publish its photo as if it belonged to the Romanian Army.
OoT: it's as if one would get a Ferrari (well, maybe not Ferrari, but rather a VW Beetle... laugh.gif ) for a test run and take a photo with it, pretending to own it! Or large numbers of it...

I agree. But that type of propagandistic hysteria (with deterrence purposes or not) was more or less in the spirit of the epoch. It was the period when all the European armies were claimed to be “ready to the last button”. I remember a story about some motorized howitzers of the Dutch colonial forces in Java, being paraded (sometime before WW 2) a few times in a row, in order to give the impression there are more of them and impress the locals. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0433 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]