Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Aeronautical Virtue Order
CCJ
Posted: June 28, 2004 01:34 am
Quote Post

Sergent

Group: Members
Member No.: 286

I have seen both gilt and silver versions of the Aeronautical Virtue Order. Can someone tell me why, for example, I might see a knight class in silver and one in gilt?
PM
CCJ
Posted: June 28, 2004 01:40 am
Quote Post

Sergent

Also, if you find a order bar or ribbon bar to an air force officer who won the Michael the brave 3nd class shouldn't you also find the Aeronautical Virtue Order Knight class as well?

The way I understand the Regulations, if an pilot/air force officer was awarded the 3rd class of the Michael the Brave he would also be given the Aeronautical Virtue Order Knight class.
PM
Victor
Posted: June 28, 2004 07:57 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

The way I understand the Regulations, if an pilot/air force officer was awarded the 3rd class of the Michael the Brave he would also be given the Aeronautical Virtue Order Knight class.

You understood correctly. However it may have happened that the respective pilot did not receive the award he deserved from different causes. For example, cpt. Alexandru Serbanescu qualified for the Commander class of the Order, but he did not receive it.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
CCJ
Posted: June 28, 2004 11:09 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Why did this happen? Was it a clerical error?
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0280 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]