Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The reconstruction of the Battle of Shumen, 1444.
Dénes
Posted: September 24, 2007 08:28 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Sturmpionier @ September 25, 2007 12:35 am)
I participated as a Transylvanian man-at-arms and banner carrier.

Sturmpionier, are you the little guy at the left? ph34r.gif

Gen. Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Sturmpionier
Posted: September 25, 2007 03:52 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Group: Members
Member No.: 630

QUOTE (Dénes @ September 24, 2007 10:28 pm)
Sturmpionier, are you the little guy at the left? ph34r.gif

Gen. Dénes

Yes sir biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
C-2
Posted: September 25, 2007 05:39 am
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

Very nice!
PMUsers Website
Kepi
Posted: September 25, 2007 04:57 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 680

Great show! Congratulations for the organizers!

Unfortunately, the medieval groups of Transylvania had not participate at this event. Another international historical show with no romanian presence, even if the Romanians fought during that battle. sad.gif

I only hope that next year some Romanians will joint other enthusiasts and will bravely “fight” against the Ottomans.
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: September 25, 2007 07:07 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Kepi @ September 25, 2007 10:57 pm)
Unfortunately, the medieval groups of Transylvania had not participate at this event.

Well, at least the flag of medieval Transylvania was present, courtesy of our very own Sturmpionier!

Gen. Dénes
Medka
Posted: December 12, 2007 09:16 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 1715

QUOTE (Sturmpionier @ September 24, 2007 06:35 pm)
All of the Bulgarians ( except me and 2 knights) played the turks.

Actually, most members of hisotrical reenactment group "Chigot" - Varna were also present. There were 10 fighters (and 4 squires), 7 of them "playing" crusaders. We can be seen here and here

Best regards,
Medka
PMEmail Poster
theano
Posted: October 12, 2008 10:25 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2272

Hello, I am a member of the "Terra Dacica Aeterna" reenactement association. In order to find out more details about us and our activity please visit or website: http://www.terradacica.ro. Thank you.

This post has been edited by theano on October 12, 2008 10:27 am
PMEmail Poster
Lup_Alb
Posted: October 30, 2009 12:31 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2653

Greetings from Hunedoara, the Castle of John Hunyadi [ENG] (Ioan de Hunedoara [ROM], Hunyadi Janos [HU]).
Many thanks to Mihai from Traditia Militara from bucharest that pointed me to this forum.
I am one of the leading members of a medieval reenactment group called "Ordinul Cavalerilor de Hunedoara" (The Order of the Knights of Hunedoara), oriented towards XIV-XV century reenactment.
Here is our website (only in romanian for the moment) where you can see some of our pictures.
http://www.ordinulcavalerilordehunedoara.110mb.com/
Also we have posted some short clips on Youtube (search for "Ordinul Cavalerilor de Hunedoara").
We would be interested to participate at the reconstruction of this battle, especially because Ioan de Hunedoara was there too. It would be a honor and a privilege. We should establish a contact to sort out logistics and details.

This post has been edited by Lup_Alb on October 30, 2009 12:32 pm
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: October 30, 2009 01:02 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

To Lupul Alb: In what percent is your equipment historical acurate for not only the era, but also for the region of Iancu de Hunedoara, I mean Transylvania and/or Hungary? How did you documented the military training of your reenactors? How did you documented the equipment, weaponry and coats of arms?
Lup_Alb
Posted: October 31, 2009 02:23 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Every medieval reenactor knows how hard it is do properly document and recreate medieval equipmens from XIV - XV century, due to so very few surviving artefacts and scarcity of the resources, especially in Eastern Europe.
I can't say that our equipment is 100% accurate and I am sure that nobody will claim that smile.gif but we are doing the best we can to recreate our equipment as similar to what we know about those time as we can.
We have some books, pictures of medieval church paintigs and several web resources posted by other reenactors. Also we have contact with the personal of Corvin Castle museum and also Bruckental Museum in Sibiu.
Medieval Transylvania was a "melting pot" for many influences in weapons and military equipment, so many knights or men at arms would have had a very exotic and heterogeneous armor and weaponry. We still have a lot work ahead but we are trying to do our best as I have said before.
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: October 31, 2009 06:29 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

Thanks for the answers! Glad to know that at least one romanian medieval reenacting group try to recreat the proper atmosphere from medieval Transylvania, and documented. I saw too many medieval reenactment groups in Romania who made just show for the public and their equpiment being pure fantasy. At one group they used even a sword copied after Conan the Barbarian. Don't aks which group used this sword in public at one show, cos is too well known and I dont want to point at them, but this is the situation.

Congratulations and hope your group will have a long and prosperous activity!
Lup_Alb
Posted: November 01, 2009 02:17 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

About our coat of arms. We are respecting the old coat of arms. We are not using any existing coat of arms since we are not members of those nobiliar families, but our coat of arms are made after the rules of heraldry and could have been real in that period. Every knight receives his coat of arms in a ceremony after we had served at least 6 months as a squire to another knight. Usually the period of aprenticeship is longer, the shortest period as a squire was at least an year smile.gif.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0568 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]