Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Photo album of a Hungarian army medical doctor
Dénes
Posted: February 01, 2008 11:05 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Very nice photo album of Dr. Szathmáry István, a Hungarian army medical doctor:
http://www.minden-ami-magyar.hu/iivh/index.php?start=0

Most of the photos were apparently taken during the Hungarian army's entrance in Northern Transylvania, in September 1940. For example, bunkers of the 'Carol line' can also be seen.
Warning: some of the photos show graphic content, mutilated bodies, etc. Proceed with caution!

If anyone recognises some of the places shown, he can send the info to the owner by clicking on the ADAT sign.

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on February 02, 2008 01:59 pm
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
21 inf
Posted: February 02, 2008 04:54 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

Yeah, it seems that the doctor had a lot of time to make a lot of pics...
Indeed, most of they are taken during and after hungarian troops entered Transylvania.
For the begining, I identified one pic, from page 20, photo number 2/v.11, which shows a body on the tank. Actually,many years ago, I saw that photo in a book, the legend being: "Romanian killed and thrown on a hungarian armored carrier." I'll post the name of the book when I'll rem it.

former text editedby 21 inf

This post has been edited by 21 inf on February 03, 2008 12:30 pm
Dénes
Posted: February 02, 2008 10:33 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

This on-line photo album was brought to my attention through my forum on the Hungarian Army:
http://denes.us/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1200265377/0

I did not, and will not, check out the original web site. It's irrelevant what else is posted on this site, as this photo album stands on its own, and it's a testimony of those events. As such, it's an important primary source.

So, Bogdan, please spare us of your unwarranted comments, most of which have no direct connection to the photos and just attempt to stir the proverbial stinky pot. dry.gif

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on February 02, 2008 10:45 am
Victor
Posted: February 02, 2008 01:02 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

There should have been a warning regarding the graphical content of some of the photos in the album, as stated by the forum rules.

The site on which the album was posted is irrelevant to this topic, as it was not mentioned or advertised in the initial post. Please discuss the album, which represents a photographic document of events related to Romanian history, and not the site where it is posted, Hungary in 2008, the EU, revionism or something else. Thank you.
21 inf
Posted: February 02, 2008 01:51 pm
Quote Post

To Victor:

You should pay more atention to your own forum rules: "The messages, links or images (including usernames and avatars) that glorify or promote any WWII ideology, revisionism on Romanian territory or Holocaust denial will not be tolerated. Such posts will be deleted by the forum administrators and their authors will be immediately and permanently banned."

It is not my fault that you dont speak hungarian.

So, if you have something to say to Denes also, I'm eager to see what you'll say.
I've already seen what you wanted to say to me.

Dénes
Posted: February 02, 2008 02:01 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (Victor @ February 02, 2008 07:02 pm)
There should have been a warning regarding the graphical content of some of the photos in the album, as stated by the forum rules.

You're correct. Sorry, I forgot to mention the graphic content.
I just added a warning in this regards to my initial post.

Gen. Dénes
Dénes
Posted: February 02, 2008 02:14 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (21 inf @ February 02, 2008 07:51 pm)
So, if you have something to say to Denes also, I'm eager to see what you'll say.

The Administrator addressed both of us.
I complied to his rightful request.

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on February 02, 2008 02:14 pm
Victor
Posted: February 03, 2008 08:36 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (21 inf @ February 02, 2008 03:51 pm)
To Victor:

You should pay more atention to your own forum rules: "The messages, links or images (including usernames and avatars) that glorify or promote any WWII ideology, revisionism on Romanian territory or Holocaust denial will not be tolerated. Such posts will be deleted by the forum administrators and their authors will be immediately and permanently banned."

It is not my fault that you dont speak hungarian.

I have already adressed the issue. The album is not in violation of forum rules. The site is just a collection of photos from all over the former Hungarian Kingdom (with only 870 visits in his existence) and it would not have even come into attention if you hadn't mentioned it. That rule was devised for sites that actively and aggressively promote Holocaust denial, Communism, Nazism, Fascism or revision on Romanian territory and only when posts are used to promote the sites themselves. You are overreacting.
21 inf
Posted: February 03, 2008 12:34 pm
Quote Post

Ok, I got your point.

I edited my post above, to show my good will and respect to the other fellow forumists.
New Connaught Ranger
Posted: February 03, 2008 09:37 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Group: Members
Member No.: 770

Hallo Gents,biggrin.gif

I think the idea of the map is to show the location of the objects in the threads,

Buildings, monuments, shown in old pictures and postcards etc..etc..

As many of them built pre W.W.2., as to where they located

in that particular time frame, and not an attempt tp lord it over

anybody, I had a quick look through it and saw some very interesting items.

It has an English translation button which was handy as,

I don't know to many Hungarian words:P

Kevin in Deva.
PMEmail Poster
Valium
Posted: April 18, 2011 08:10 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 3047

Anyway, making abstraction the occupied teritory was a romanian one, and this is mainly a romanian forum, to post on net photos with happy conquerors beside mutilated civilian victims, show a mentality of 10 century khanate army, and a precarious mentaly health of the doctor
PMEmail Poster
New Connaught Ranger
Posted: April 18, 2011 08:53 am
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 770

Dear Valium,

take one and chill out,

Point 1:- this forum is about military history,

Point 2:- Romania engaged in a war with the Hungarians during WW2

Point 3:- There is no indication given to the ethnicity of the dead civilians.

Point 4:- No matter what war fought, either in the past or future, it will always attract the morbid curiosity of the soldier and civilian alike, these pictures are no worse than many you can see posted in news papers / online / on t.v. news broadcasts etc.. etc..

205 pictures taken during a military campaign in war

out of that number are 8 pictures on the following

Page 6:-

1/sz.i.2 0090-a
appears to be a dead Hungarian soldier.

adat1/sz.i.2 0090
another dead soldier

Page 7

1/sz.i.2 009a
two dead soldiers arranged before burial, (you can see similar in any funeral house today, no graphic wounds to be seen.

Page 8

1/sz.i.2 012a
2 bodies in the ruin of a building military or civilian hard to tell.

Page 9

1/sz.i.2 012c
dead civilian female.

1/sz.i.2 012d
dead civilian female with soldiers standing near the bodies.

1/sz.i.2 012f
dead male soldier or civilian?

page 20

2/v.11
dead tank crew member.

I see no gloating, and in my honest opinion these pictures show to the serious student of history the realities of warfare.

No doubt that Dr. Szathmáry István as a medical person found those killed in war to be of interest from a medical point of view, and I doubt he realised his pictures would be presented for World Wide Web viewing when taken.

Does the original poster of the pictures use the photo album to push a political agenda?

Kevin in Deva.
PMEmail Poster
Valium
Posted: April 18, 2011 09:55 am
Quote Post

Soldat

As was presented here, I've told my perception, as a non-hungarian speaker. I still have suspicions about purpose and content, but may be just my pre-conceptions, thanks!
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: April 18, 2011 01:26 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (Valium @ April 18, 2011 03:55 pm)
I still have suspicions about purpose and content, but may be just my pre-conceptions, thanks!

It must be, as most of us did not 'read' that peculiar point of view into the album.

And this is NOT a Rumanian forum, but an international forum in English about Rumania's military history (and not only).

Finally, please abstain from making derogatory comments based on a person's ethnicity.

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on April 18, 2011 01:34 pm
Valium
Posted: April 18, 2011 04:25 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

I'm sorry, I've spoken about doctor personality, not about his ethnicity. He is responsible, after all, about what he presented, because he knows what he shooted. As I don't know hungarian, I take your word trully-probably he explained in words on the hungarian forum. Anyway, everything could be improoved, even an effort from you, to take away suspicions of romanians like me cool.gif
Most of the photos were apparently taken during the Hungarian army's entrance in Northern Transylvania, in September 1940

so, authomatically I've presumed is about dead romanian civilians

This post has been edited by Valium on April 18, 2011 04:29 pm
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0369 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]