Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanian Army and Aviation 1918-1919, Aviation After December 1917 Armistice
agblume
Posted: October 14, 2005 02:55 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 688

i am interested in learning more about what happened to Romanian aviation units after the Armistice of Focsani on 9 December 1917 (n.s.) until the Central Powers defeat and evacuation in November 1918. what was the status of the aviation units after members of the French Aviation Mission evacuated? does anyone know which units, if any, were disbanded or re-organized, or about the formation of new units from old ones? was flight training allowed to be continued? which airfields were still used by Romanians? any information would be very much appreciated. agblume
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Victor
Posted: October 14, 2005 03:07 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

If I remember correctly, there was an article in the early editions of Top Gun about air operations during the takeover of Bessarabia in 1918 and an article about operations in Hungary in 1919 by prof. Valeriu Avram. I will not be able to access my collection fora month or so. Can anyone else, who has the issues of Top Gun I have in mind, post some of the info?
Dénes
Posted: October 14, 2005 03:28 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

The Bessarabian and Transylvanian/Hungarian activity of ARR doesn't fit 'Augie' Blume's request, who apparently is interested in the Dec. 1917-Nov. 1918 period only.

Gen. Dénes
Carol I
Posted: October 14, 2005 08:54 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Group: Members
Member No.: 136

Actually the Bessarabian campaign mentioned by Victor fits the request, as it took place in the spring and summer of the year 1918.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0230 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]