Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanian MG-15, Mysterious MG
Paul Mardian
  Posted: April 01, 2005 04:57 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 555

sad.gif Greetings to all, Can anyone confirm that this watercooled MG-15 model ST61/56 was used in WWII by the Romanian Army? I have one of these that has been deactivated into a "dummy gun", i.e. it cannot be fired. These were imported into the U.S. a few years ago after having been purchased from a source in Romania. I.M.A. (International Military Antiques) says that these watercooled MG's were used on the Eastern Front in WWII by the Wehrmacht. However, the fact that the MG's were imported from Romania and were in transit chests with Romanian parts lists, suggests the guns were used by the Romanian Army.... Does anyone know anything about this unique weapon?

Many thanks

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster
Victor
Posted: April 01, 2005 05:06 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
dragos
Posted: April 01, 2005 06:06 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

It is certain that they were used by Romanian Army, having as evidence the page of the Romanian military manual posted in the thread indicated by Victor. However, details regarding their use, such as the period or numbers are lacking.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Cristian
Posted: April 02, 2005 03:11 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Group: Members
Member No.: 415

I'm glad to see that private collectors like Paul can own such rare items (even deactivated! mad.gif ). But how many of these MGs you sow in romanian museums?In Romania is acting a law (Legea patrimoniului) who ban the export of items older then 1945 if them have historical or artistical interest.I can bet the institution who made the export have no license from the Culture Ministery.But, in our close history we've cut,melted and now...sold all the material evidences of our military history.We are lucky that folks like Paul preserve evidences of OUR history!
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.3062 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]