Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (15) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> "Bazu" Cantacuzino fighter planes profiles, Color profiles of "Bazu" mounts .
Cantacuzino
Posted: January 20, 2005 02:37 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 144

I have a real strange question.....also Russians had Hurricanes and Spits during the time Roumania had them too.....was there ever a problem for the Russian , German and Roumanian AA teams to make a positive ID given the aircrafts were flying higher and markings werent clearly visible from the ground ??

Was there ever an air to air meeting between a Roumanian Hurricane and a Russian similar or a Spit ?

Victor thanks for brighting me up...I doint know about the magazine you mentioned

Alex

At the begin of Barbarosa the rusian didn't have hurricanes. Rom. Hurry meet in combat mostly I-16, I-153 and Mig 3 and bombers like DB-3.
When soviet got the leand- lease Hurricanes in large numbers the romanian were forced to take out from the first line their Hurricanes( and replaced with IAR 80) for not confusing the rom. AA gunners.
Below it's a 1/24 ( Airfix) scale model made by Dan Melinte with rom. marks.

This post has been edited by Cantacuzino on January 27, 2005 10:13 am

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: January 20, 2005 02:39 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: January 20, 2005 02:42 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

The cammo was the standard before Batlle of England with half black and half white undersurface.

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
alexkdl
Posted: January 20, 2005 03:37 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 373

Dan, great job on your Hurricane,thanks for posting and congrats. on your officer rank

Al

This post has been edited by alexkdl on January 20, 2005 03:38 pm
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: January 20, 2005 04:10 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Dan, great job on your Hurricane,thanks for posting and congrats. on your officer rank

Al

This post has been edited by alexkdl on Jan 20 2005, 03:38 PM

Thanks Alex.
This new topic with Prince 'Bazu" Cantacuzino help me to get my first officer rank on this forum. Contrary of Bazu military career I start from soldier and work hard to be in elite class of forum officers.

Dan.
PM
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: January 20, 2005 04:20 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Group: Members
Member No.: 328

The above photo is from the book Constantin "Bazu" Cantacuzino - Printul asilor by Vasile Tudor.

Anyone knows where I buy this book from ?
PMUsers Website
alexkdl
Posted: January 20, 2005 04:22 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Dan thanks for your comment and I want to highlight your aviation knowledge , professionalism and for starting this topic ,after all Buzu fame went far beyond the borders of Roumania,was a legend not only in the Balkans but also through the WWII american pilots and WWII Luftwaffe pilots , was an example of an officer, pilot and gentelmen ( despite his divorces) and was backbone of the long and standing Roumanian tradition in the military and civil aviation since Aurel Vlaicu ......I want also to post 3 photos I liked most from Denes book Roumanian Aces of WWII which may have been seen alot though for me were new , and also to recommend his book for all those who don't have it yet in Roumania and out of Roumania forum members because it focuses to the bottom line the history of military aviation and aces of ARR of WWII it contains many photos, is a book no one who cares about Roumanian military aviation history should miss. Is available through Osprey Publications, Squadron and I think Yahoo too .

Al

All photos courtesy of Denes Bernard from the book ROMANIAN ACES OF WWII by Denes Bernard published by Ospery Publications

This post has been edited by alexkdl on January 20, 2005 06:21 pm

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
alexkdl
Posted: January 20, 2005 04:49 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Bazu again, bytheway Gen esc.aviator Emanoil Ionescu wears on this photo the Knight Iron Cross order as victor stated earlier on the single pilot and officer who got this order ( not on flight line)

This post has been edited by alexkdl on January 20, 2005 05:02 pm

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
alexkdl
Posted: January 20, 2005 04:51 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

This photo speaks for itself eventhough Buzu is not there

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
Dénes
Posted: January 20, 2005 05:57 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Cantacuzino @ Jan 20 2005, 08:39 PM)
Below it's a 1/24 ( Airfix) scale model made by Dan Melinte

Sublocotenent Cantacuzino, this Dan Melinte appears to be quite a talented, multi-faceted guy (historian, modeller, artist, author, etc.)... biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on January 20, 2005 06:02 pm
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Dénes
Posted: January 20, 2005 06:00 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (alexkdl @ Jan 20 2005, 10:22 PM)
I want also to post 3 photos I liked most from Denes book Roumanian Aces of WWII which may have been seen alot though for me were new , and also to recommend his book for those who dont have it yet in Roumania and out of Roumania forum members

I believe all three photos were published for the first time in my book.
Moreover, the bottom two photos should be a novelty even for historians from Rumania, as they come from German sources.

Gen. Dénes
alexkdl
Posted: January 20, 2005 06:22 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Yes indeed Denes, many photos which I never saw before, even my uncle who served at ARR AA units didnt see some of them ! extraordinary captures and time frame records

Alex

This post has been edited by alexkdl on January 20, 2005 06:47 pm
PM
alexkdl
Posted: January 20, 2005 06:59 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Denes I have a question regarding Gen. Aviator de esc. Ionescu......was a he a pilot on his career if yes why doesnt he wears the ARR pilot badge on the right side of the tunic instead he wears on there the iron cross , if he wasnt a pilot why the rank Gen Aviator ?

Alex

This post has been edited by alexkdl on January 20, 2005 07:00 pm
PM
Victor
Posted: January 20, 2005 07:04 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (D13-th_Mytzu @ Jan 20 2005, 06:20 PM)
Anyone knows where I buy this book from ?

It's been out of print for a long time.

Alex, gen. Ionescu wasn't the only ARR general awarded the Knight's Cross and I don't think I left out gen. Ermil Gheorghiu from my other post. Both won the RK for the activity at the command of the 1st Air Corps. Ironically, Ionescu ended up supporting the Communist regime, despite the many photos of him displaying the German orders (notice he isn't wearing any Virtutea Aeronautica Order, although he was one of the few who won all the classes).

The reason why he isn't wearing a pilot's badge is that he was an observer, not a pilot. However, this does not take away his airman status.
alexkdl
Posted: January 20, 2005 08:12 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Victor thanks for letting me know, I have an other question which may sound to top historians like you and Denes very silly :

Howcome Ionescu just as Flight Observer become one of the top commander of the ARR which of course would put him on top with experienced pilots who held both ratings Pilot/Observers and on top of more capable Airmen and officers....or did he have a vitamin P with Antonescu...? the other question was Gen Jienescu a pilot and based on what merits was Gen Ionescu awared the RitterKreuz ? was Ionescu more powerful as Jienescu depite Jienescu was Air Minister given Ionescu achievements in Krim and Basarabia ? Also based on what grounds Puaker and Mauerer alowed Ionescu to stay immune after the war and safe from prisons when other pilots in the lower chain of command were imprisoned by the communists ? what line of duties had Ionescu with Forzele Aeriene ?

Thanks
Al
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (15) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0405 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]