Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (20) « First ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> ww1 and ww2 romanian war cemeteries
Cantacuzino
Posted: May 15, 2010 06:34 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 144

@ Cantacuzino

Your advice was superb

Glad to help. I never knew that in Filantropia cemetey (B-dul Ion Mihalache) were buried soldiers from WW1.

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by Cantacuzino on May 15, 2010 06:38 am
PM
21 inf
Posted: May 15, 2010 10:57 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

QUOTE (Cantacuzino @ May 13, 2010 11:43 am)
Solomon Avadic, died November 16, 1916

Dorobanti regiment

http://enciclopediaromaniei.ro/wiki/1916

8 noiembrie/21 noiembrie: Oraşul Craiova este ocupat de trupele germane.
10 noiembrie/23 noiembrie: Dunărea este forţată la Zimnicea de armatele germano-bulgare.
11 noiembrie/24 noiembrie: Râul Olt este forţat la Stoieneşti de către armata germano-austro-ungară care începe astfel operaţiunile în Câmpia Munteniei.
12 noiembrie/25 noiembrie: Autorităţile române părăsesc Bucureştiul şi încep retragerea spre Iaşi.
15 noiembrie/28 noiembrie: Eroica şarjă a Regimentului 2 Roşiori de la Prunaru-Vlaşca, soldată cu pierderi grele pentru ostaşii români.
16 noiembrie/29 noiembrie-20 noiembrie/3 decembrie: Bătălia de pe Neajlov şi Argeş ("bătălia pentru Bucureşti"), cea mai mare operaţiune de pe frontul românesc din anul 1916. Armata română este înfrântă şi se retrage, lăsând Bucureştiul în mâna inamicului.

The datas quoted were introduced by me in Enciclopedia Romaniei a couple of years ago. I never believed that i'll see who will use it and with what benefit. I'm glad that I didnt voluntarily worked for free for ER.

The world seems to be so small smile.gif

This post has been edited by 21 inf on May 15, 2010 10:58 am
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
21 inf
Posted: June 20, 2010 05:07 am
Quote Post

Military cemetery from ww2 in Chieşd village, Sălaj county.

10 graves, from which 3 identified heroes and 7 unknown heroes. The names and ranks of known heroes are sergent Ioan Popescu, fruntaş Vasile Vecerdea and Maria Breja (aprox. 18-19 year old girl, civilian, KIA while shooting rifle against german troops).

All died on 21 october 1944 while fighting to liberate Chieşd village from german and hungarian troops garisoned in the village. All soldiers belonged to 90th Infantry Regiment.

The military cemetery
user posted image

user posted image

Detail
user posted image
21 inf
Posted: November 09, 2010 04:32 pm
Quote Post

I forgot to tell that I personally cut the grass, repainted the names of soldiers, tied the tricolor on the tombstones and took care of the cemetery, puting it in the shape you see in the photo above, as it was previously almost half abandoned. The name of the girl is not marked on the grave, but I posibly identified her tomb between those 2 known soldiers (and her name), interviewing the villagers.
Dénes
Posted: November 09, 2010 10:21 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

That's a very nice and admirable gesture. Congratulations!

Gen. Dénes

P.S. Only the plastic flowers are redundant, IMHO.
21 inf
Posted: November 10, 2010 07:47 pm
Quote Post

Thanks, Denes!

Except the paint for the crosses (which I buyed in the village) and the trimmer for the grass (I brought it from home), all materials I found in place, including the plastic flowers, which I dont personally like it at all, but I didnt knew what to do with them and I didnt wanted to throw them away, as were part of "local culture", the children from the village put them there.
Cantacuzino
Posted: November 11, 2010 07:50 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 144

including the plastic flowers, which I dont personally like it at all, but I didnt knew what to do with them and I didnt wanted to throw them away, as were part of "local culture", the children from the village put them there.

I also observed that in the country, people ( usually poor farmers) used plastic flowers in the cemeteries. The plastic age had a nocive influence everywhere. I remember when reserching for B-24 crash site was told me that one old lady had a sort of aluminium tank ( for oxigen or fuel) from a B-24 crashed nearby. When I asked the old Lady about it she said that she made an exchange with a plastic wash-bowl from gypsies. dry.gif
PM
Frenchie
Posted: January 30, 2011 08:40 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 2737

Bunaziua,

Vei incerca sa scrie in limba Romana, mie de scuze in advance, pentru orice gresele.

Caut in disesperare poze despre cimitir militar din Galati. Ma interesez in mod particular soldati francezi ingropat acolo.

Cineva are cumva niste poze cu mormintele lor (cu numele vizibil) si/sau de orice monument in memorial lor amplasat acolo. Va multumesc anticipat pentru ajutor.

I am collecting these information for a French website where graveyards and name of our soldiers are recorded in order to help family/genealogists or researchers to find place where they are buried. This is a totally filantrpic project. You can see more about this website at this address (http://www.memorial-genweb.org). It's important to keep alive their memory.

If by some miracle someone can help me, of course, the origin of the information will be mentioned in the website (as it was with the pictures send by Kevin from Deva - once again a big thanks to him - http://www.memorial-genweb.org/~memorial2/...898&table=bp08)

That was a message in a bottle,

Thank you in advance,

Michael
PMEmail Poster
Frenchie
Posted: January 30, 2011 09:06 am
Quote Post

Soldat

For your information, this is a video (from the french side) regarding the ''hommage'' to the Romanian soldiers who died in captivity during WW1

http://www.ecpad.fr/ceremonie-d-hommage-re...oldats-roumains

Trailer of a documentary about French and Romanian relations WW1 (at 1 minutes 06, you can see the Romanian soldiers fighting in the French Foreign Legion) :
http://www.ecpad.fr/bande-annonce-le-pain-et-le-sel

Some pictures from french and romanian soldiers and officials WW1
http://www.ecpad.fr/la-roumanie-dans-la-grande-guerre
PMEmail Poster
Frenchie
Posted: February 13, 2011 08:15 am
Quote Post

Soldat

I went to Galati and took pictures of the French graveyard so the request is not longer of actuality.

I took this oportunity to say that I was impressed to see how well the place is well preserved and clean.
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: April 18, 2011 02:29 pm
Quote Post

War memorial for romanians who died in ww1 in k.u.k. army and after 1918, until 1920 (dedicated for those who died between 1914 and 1920). Decea village, Alba county. Monument in the village's cemetery.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

One side of the memorial, whith more names, cant be readed due exposure.
bansaraba
Posted: April 18, 2011 06:09 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Member No.: 2196

A-ti?biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: April 19, 2011 03:57 am
Quote Post

QUOTE (bansaraba @ April 18, 2011 08:09 pm)
A-ti?biggrin.gif

It's not the only mistake from the monument. There is also "avend", corected to "având" and "poparul", corected to "poporul". To be seen also the spelling "Joan" instead of "Ioan". I supose the memorial was erected imediately after ww1 by a local artist who learned to write in romanian under k.u.k ruling. Or simply, it was a bad romanian artist who had learned bad at school. But the "J" instead of "I" is sugesting an artist from Transylvania, in my opinion.
chisi
Posted: May 17, 2011 06:22 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 429

PMEmail Poster
chisi
Posted: May 17, 2011 06:26 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 429

The Boitza's local heroes as they were, inside the orthodox church of the village

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (20) « First ... 16 17 [18] 19 20  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0565 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]