Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> ROMANIA'S TERRITORIAL ISSUES
Aleks
Posted: March 13, 2005 12:35 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 496

Hi Barbosu and others,

Thanks a lot for discussion invitation. It’s not actually my sphere of interest so I can help only in very modest way.
Please don’t get me wrong but my opinion is that we all must be very careful or “all hell breaking loose” will happened for sure.
I know that beside Greece only country without problems on borderline with Serbia is Rumania. Besides some “territory hunting” that Denes mentioned in 1919 everything else is OK. It was if I may say so “normal” at that moment. After collapse of K und K Monarchy a lot of borders were changed on Balkans. There was much more problems for Serbia with Italians on the west border. In some reports I saw that only minor army forces were positioned on Rumanian border, so it speaks for itself. From Serbian point of view there was no serious threat from Rumanian side.
I’m not absolutely sure but I think that even after WW2 borders between Serbia and Rumania remains the same. Maybe we are lucky because Danube is natural frontier between Rumania and Serbia.
Considering 1919 there is a lot of material in Military Archive in Belgrade but it needs a loooot of time for studying.

Cheers,
Aleks

PS Serbian soldiers in WW1 that were in POW camps on Rumanian soil taken by Germans were full of gratitude for Rumanian people who helped them as much as they can especially during escapes from camps. There is lovely book about it published in Serbia couple of years ago. It’s off topic but I just want to mention it.
PMEmail Poster
Imperialist
Posted: March 15, 2005 10:35 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 499

Barbosu, if you're still interested on the hungarian view, you should visit this site and read all the documents there (maybe specifically the ones under romanian-hungarian relations category):

http://www.hungarian-history.hu/lib/

However, dont do it without professional medical supervision... your blood pressure could go through the roof... dont say I didnt warn you! biggrin.gif

that applies to Fratello too. Or should I say especially...? tongue.gif

smile.gif

take care

--------------------
I
PM
Fratello
Posted: March 16, 2005 02:54 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 475

However, dont do it without professional medical supervision... your blood pressure could go through the roof... dont say I didnt warn you!

that applies to Fratello too. Or should I say especially...?

???Mr. Imperialist, I don't understand what do you mean. dry.gif

This post has been edited by Fratello on March 16, 2005 08:25 pm
PMEmail Poster
Imperialist
Posted: March 16, 2005 03:53 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 499

I meant that if you read the things written on that site, you'll probably be very angry.
Not that I hold that against you or something, it was just a friendly observation.
Have you read some of that stuff?

smile.gif

take care

--------------------
I
PM
Fratello
Posted: March 17, 2005 09:51 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 475

I meant that if you read the things written on that site, you'll probably be very angry.
Not that I hold that against you or something, it was just a friendly observation.
Have you read some of that stuff?

take care

It's ok Imperialist,
I understood for the first time but I was joking a little with you.
I read the things writtent on that site and I'm astonished ohmy.gif , but if I'm thinking that are written by some hungarians I understand that these guys are haunted by a complex because Transylvania don't belong anymore to Hungary tongue.gif.

This post has been edited by Fratello on March 17, 2005 09:59 pm
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: October 27, 2007 02:10 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

Oficial atitude during ww2 (with roots in ww1) regarding romanians (or sandalled-walachians?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMVqjr3BVtk
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Dénes
Posted: October 27, 2007 03:53 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

The link you posted, Bogdan, is primitive anti-Hungarian propaganda of the worst (or best?) kind (as far as the first minute goes), paired with sub-standard English. It's historical value is nil.
Why you posted it here, on this forum, which we try to establish as a credible, reference source on Rumanian military history for years now, is beyond me. blink.gif

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on October 27, 2007 04:03 pm
21 inf
Posted: October 27, 2007 04:35 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

Just some figures at the begining of the slide show about a teritorial issue as stated in the name of the subject. They have NO historical value? Are they not true? Is the map presented wrong? I'm just asking...
As about the sub-english, I am not a english language expert to assess the level of english language level.
In this spirit, I'll not post anymore on this forum, because I also speak a bad english, giving my poor english gramar biggrin.gif

The very presence of this subject on this military forum ...dry.gif

As about the post on a military forum of a such called "anti-hungarian propaganda", let me remind the topic which can be found here http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=1252 . I believe that it is about politics and no military history, and I didnt asked why was started such a subject. It has no mentioned sources, to be credible.

How are the subjects from the link mentioned here http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=3906&hl= ?

But to conclude, I dont want to start waves.
One has mind to judge, so one can discern the facts presented here or there or elsewhere. It is up to the reader.

If the post above is not fitting with the rules of this forum, I'm deeply sorry and I obey the decision of the admins to be deleted.

All the best, 21 Inf.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0461 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]