Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Conscripts or professionals?

What do you prefer a conscript mass army or a small professional one, or something in between?
conscript [ 2 ]  [5.41%]
professional [ 18 ]  [48.65%]
hybrid:conscript army with professional crack troops. [ 17 ]  [45.95%]
Total Votes: 37
Guests cannot vote 
Imperialist
Posted on March 02, 2007 11:20 am
Quote Post

General de armata

Group: Members
Member No.: 499

This Wikipedia Table lists Romania as having 90,000 active troops and no reserves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_count...s#_note-Romania

The source for the no reserves claim is not reliable though. Does anyone know more about this?

--------------------
I
PM
120mm
Posted on March 03, 2007 12:31 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 927

I'm not Romanian, but I would like to see countries have conscription into a Reserve, with just basic training. From there, you can select/allow to volunteer those people with a talent/inclination for the military.

Lots of really talented potential military folks never join because of lack of exposure imho, and the conscript reserve is less expensive, allows for a large manpower pool with 'some' training and introduces the citizenry to the military in such a way as to make them better citizens.

This post has been edited by 120mm on March 03, 2007 12:31 pm
PMEmail Poster
Imperialist
Posted on March 03, 2007 01:11 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 499

QUOTE (120mm @ March 03, 2007 12:31 pm)
I'm not Romanian, but I would like to see countries have conscription into a Reserve, with just basic training. From there, you can select/allow to volunteer those people with a talent/inclination for the military.

Lots of really talented potential military folks never join because of lack of exposure imho, and the conscript reserve is less expensive, allows for a large manpower pool with 'some' training and introduces the citizenry to the military in such a way as to make them better citizens.

What's your opinion about the Wiki numbers, if true? 90,000 men and no reserves doesn't seem adequate. At least compared with Ukraine's capabilities.

--------------------
I
PM
osutacincizecisidoi
  Posted on July 13, 2007 06:46 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 1505

The navy and the airforce and air defence shoud be a profesional only.
tanks also. Mecanised infantry and altilery is a difrent story.
Civilians should have the right to serve in this units. Anyone?
Basic service should be between 9-11 months. Anyone else?
the service should not be mandatory but focused on training.
High scoring candidates should be able to stay in the army after service based on a 2 year contract. The military units (batalion, brigade) themselves should chose the number and specific military needed. ( even soldiers that have done another 2 year contract ).
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0612 ]   [ 18 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]