Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanian reenactors in a WW1 historical film
Dénes
Posted: December 29, 2006 09:40 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

O.K., thanks for the explanations, Kepi.

I wasn't aware of the rules that govern reenacting. I thought there is more initiative left to the participants, similarily to 'war games' armies regularily perform.

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on December 29, 2006 09:43 am
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
RHaught
Posted: December 30, 2006 09:47 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 93

Denes,

What your were thinking of is what is called a private tactical where both sides have an objective with a point value added to them. At the end of the day both sides have their points added up to see who the victor is. Our events take place in a trench system reflecting the Western Front of 1918 and having to conduct assualts by going "Over the Top" or through trench raids for intellignece, capturing a section of trench, etc.

Kepi is talking about what is called a living history/public tactical event in which the participants are given information like a movie script telling them area of participation, how many to die here, who gets wounded there, where the explosives are located and times to go off, etc. to ensure a that the public see's a good battle and the safety of the reenactors is maximized
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
RHaught
Posted: January 14, 2007 05:45 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 93

Not Romanian but AEF. Here is a link to some pics taken by the 80th Division at the annual fall event held in Newville, PA by the Great War Association. Actually had planes come out and will be back in April which I plan to attend.

Fall 2006 Event Pics 318th/80th
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0425 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]