Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> ROMANIA'S TERRITORIAL ISSUES
Dénes
Posted: March 08, 2005 03:22 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Admin., can you split this thread and open a new one, titled 'The Anti Dénes (or even better: Deneş) Thread'? biggrin.gif
It appears that people line up here, one after the other, to chastise me (the minority of forumists I was talking about is apparently rather numerous).

This is not something unexpected; nevertheless, it's saddens me to actually see it happening. Apparently, I am like a lightning rod here for all kind of people who have some kind of agendas. Therefore a separate thread would help the rest of the forum stay clean from such flame. dry.gif

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on March 08, 2005 03:27 pm
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Iamandi
Posted: March 08, 2005 03:35 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Group: Members
Member No.: 319

QUOTE (Dénes @ Mar 8 2005, 03:22 PM)
Admin., can you split this thread and open a new one, titled 'The Anti Dénes (or even better: Deneş) Thread'? biggrin.gif
It appears that people line up here, one after the other, to chastise me (the minority of forumists I was talking about is apparently rather numerous).

This is not something unexpected; nevertheless, it's saddens me to actually see it happening. Apparently, I am like a lightning rod here for all kind of people who have some kind of agendas. Therefore a separate thread would help the rest of the forum stay clean from such flame. dry.gif

Gen. Dénes

Hey, mr Denes, don't consider yourself such an VIP! biggrin.gif

Iama
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Fratello
Posted: March 08, 2005 03:35 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 475

FRATELLO: "Gentelmen, the situatin is very simple."

Well Fratello, is not so simple. It's not even far as simple as you say.

One could tell you: OK, who is this "Anonymus" guy, do we know him? 

No, serious, even if this is A BIG ONE for Romanian side (like an autogoal of Hungarians, if you want  ) I think it would be interesting for you to know the other part proofs.

And please, everyone's help is needed, so can't you post all what you know on that fragment from "Gesta Hungarorum"? 

Don't be so "chary of words" (I found that in the dictionary, means: zgarcit la vorba  )

Cheers,

Baebosu

Mr. Barbosu what do you want the prove, in fact?..that Transylvania is not a romanian land? (Bring same argument the prove the opposite). Yes I repet: the situation is very simple, because Transylvania belong now to Romania (this is the GOD will)...so the "copmlex" is from Hungarian side (because this territory is not part from Hungary like "the old time").
And who are you Mr. Barbosu (are you hungarian?)? You seem to be like Mr. Denes's spokesman or more like his "vassal".

Fratello: why Cadrilater? We talk here from Burebista's days, or from other leaders when our borders were ... in present Bulgarian teritory, or much closer? Please, give some explanations.

Yes Iamandi, I think here you are right. So, no comment.

Fratello
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: March 08, 2005 03:51 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Below are the links to 4 Hungarian language forums that deal also with the recent history. Although the language is Hungarian, there are young people there who should speak (some) English.

Mind you, I found them while searching with google, as I don't freqent them and therefore I don't take any responsibility.

http://www.pcdome.hu/forum/forum.php?actio...fid=50&tid=8069

http://forum.index.hu/Article/showArticle?...704&la=42229138

http://www.fabulis.hu/f_forumok_frameset.php

http://www.pumaszallas.hu/phpbb/viewforum....22086b3f93d1ccc

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on March 08, 2005 03:52 pm
Fratello
Posted: March 08, 2005 03:53 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Admin., can you split this thread and open a new one, titled 'The Anti Dénes (or even better: Deneş) Thread'? 

This is not something unexpected; nevertheless, it's saddens me to actually see it happening. Apparently, I am like a lightning rod here for all kind of people who have some kind of agendas. Therefore a separate thread would help the rest of the forum stay clean from such flame. 

Gen. Dénes

Mr Denes
Do you think this is a "Anti-Denes Thread"?
Wrong! I repeat I don't have anything with you because of your Hungarian ethnicity or with you like person (may be we can be "good friends").
The problem is "your attitude" (why you don't understand?) and your "defiance" of some Romanian History aspects. So, in future don't open again some of this "hot Romanian-Hungarian issues" because you will say again that "you are a victim and all of us peresecute you".

Peace!

Fratello
PMEmail Poster
Barbosu
Posted: March 08, 2005 03:55 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Member No.: 438

I think Treznea was another discussion, another topic. I read it and I found Denes' story highly improbable.

Denes,

IMHO someone without an agenda is just dead or stupid. I have on my agenda to find out as much truth as I can about my life, people, country, neighboroughs and so on. And believe me I do not have you on my agenda (maybe just as a men to whom I can speak interesting things.

About the sources we should consult. If I have to consult everyone of them I could die before the end the consulting!!!! sad.gif

If there are 1001 sources, can I start thinking after the first 500? tongue.gif

Anyway:

QUESTION - DID ROMANIA GO TO VIENNA WITH A DOCUMENTATION SO THE "JUDGES" GERMANY AND ITALY COULD KNOW WHAT THEY ARE JUDGING? DID HUNGARY?

Thanx,

Barbosu

PS I have the strange feeling that this issue became "politically incorrect" to talk about because it instantly sets on fire everything!!! Be cool, guys. You don't like Denes? pick up some proofs and "show" him. And I hope he will not be alone here soon. I hope he will do the same "treatment" to you.
PMEmail Poster
Barbosu
Posted: March 08, 2005 04:03 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Fratello

So you don't know all about "Gesta Hungarorum" ?

BTW, a hell of an "attitude" you have. You see?

IT IS SO SIMPLE: I wanted to talk, even with you, You didn't know what to answer so YOU INSULT me.

Geeeet out, man, NO WAY you can make me answer to this simplicity.

And BTW, I am mongolian.

Barbosu

PMEmail Poster
dragos
Posted: March 08, 2005 09:55 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Fratello, Barbosu asked in his initial question:
what are the reasons for Hungary to claim Transilvania and what territory would that be?

Nowhere did he imply that Transylvania is not Romanian land.

So drop unfounded aggressive tone and let's have a discussion based on arguments.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Barbosu
Posted: March 08, 2005 11:30 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Denes,

You gave us four links in Hungarian. Can you point one forum in English about Hungaria?

Everyone

Sorry, but after this last page of nothing in this topic, I cannot understand how could you post so much on Vienna diktat/award issue? Was it safer to discuss the same BIG ISSUE under this screen? The diktat/award was only an effect, a detail in the big picture.

And THE BIG PICTURE can be resumed in two phrases (so Fratello can understand and will stop send me sh**t on PM):

1. ROMANIANS
have the strong belief that TRANSILVANIA WAS ALWAYS ROMANIAN because DACS and then ROMANS were HERE way BEFORE and they formed ROMANIAN PEOPLE and that HUNGARIANS CAME ONE DAY AND STOLE TRANSILVANIA FROM ROMANIANS, but ROMANIANS GOT IT BACK. THE END.

2. HUNGARIANS
have the strong belief that they CONQUERED A VIRGIN LAND AND FINALLY SET UP AFTER A LONG TIME OF MIGRATION and that TRANSILVANIA IS A PART OF THIS CONQUEST and they had it FOR HUNDREADS OF YEARS and a lot of their BROTHERS STILL LIVE IN TRANSILVANIA so THEY MUST GET IT BACK (correct me if I'm wrong!)

Now, IMHO that is what we are talking here. Let's suppose that the Hungarian part has proofs that only deers and buffalos (zimbri) were here when their ancesters arrived in Transilvania. LET'S HERE THE PROOFS.

I am ready and hope everybody is to study them. If there are no proofs, let's move to Basarabia, Cadrilater, Banat (as pointed Denes).

and now smthg Off-topic (!?)

As for my part, I once was in a village near Odorheiul Secuiesc, in ROMANIA where not one person was Romanian, so they don't speak Romanian at all, NEVER, JUST WHEN THEY HAVE ROMANIAN GUESTS. Our hosts were a family with two children and the man had a Hungarian-Romanian dictionary and searched everytime a word. We ate "GULAS" of "BIKO" (veal, IIRC) and drank our brains out with PALINKA in their pension. I hope I will go there again this year, when I have to travel again with my work for 3 days in Odorheiul Secuiesc.

PS. FRATELLO, I expect appologies for your "PSh..." mad.gif
PMEmail Poster
Fratello
Posted: March 08, 2005 11:41 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Fratello, Barbosu asked in his initial question:

what are the reasons for Hungary to claim Transilvania and what territory would that be?

Nowhere did he imply that Transylvania is not Romanian land.

So drop unfounded aggressive tone and let's have a discussion based on arguments.

Ok Dragos !. I'll try to be just to the subject. I don't want to became a "V.C.Tudor" in this topic.
PMEmail Poster
Fratello
Posted: March 08, 2005 11:54 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

And THE BIG PICTURE can be resumed in two phrases (so Fratello can understand and will stop send me sh**t on PM):

Mr. Barbosu I don't want to have a personal "vendetta" with you. Please, follow your way and leave me alone (I'm not from your class, like you said)
And please don't threaten me anymore in PM!

Peace and let's have about our disscution in a decorous way.
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: March 09, 2005 12:23 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (Barbosu @ Mar 9 2005, 05:30 AM)
Denes,

You gave us four links in Hungarian. Can you point one forum in English about Hungaria?

I don't know any English language forums on the history of Hungary.

Just post on those 4 forums your invitation in English. Whoever understands it and is willing to participate, he'll show up here.

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on March 09, 2005 12:23 am
Fratello
Posted: March 09, 2005 12:51 am
Quote Post

Locotenent

Here is passage from the book "O Istorie sinceră a poporului Român" by Florin Constantiniu about the controversy of Anonymus's Gesta Hungarorum
(I posted in romanian language to be more concise):

" O dată cu închierea etnogenezei românilor, izvoare de mare diversitate, prin origine şi caracter, semnalează în cuprinsul ariei locuite de acesp popor formaţiuni teritoriale de întindere restrânsă, aflate în diferite stadii de închegare a instituţiilor politice, administrative şi militare.
Cele mai vechi sunt semnalate în interiourul arcului carpatic de un izvor controversat, Gesta Hungarorum (Faptele ungurilor), o cronică scrisă de notarul sau secretarul regelui Bela; autorul nu-şi dezvăluie identitatea (de aici termenul utilizat în istoriografie de Anonymus) şi nici nu arată cărui rege numit Bela i-a fost notar (majoritatea istoricilor înclină spre Bela al III-lea, 1173-1196). Potrivit relatării acestei cronici, ungurii, stabiliţi în Câmpia Panonică la sfârşitul secolului IX-lea, ar fi întâlnit în incursiunile lor în interiorul arcului carpatic trei formaţiuni statale: cea a lui Menumorut, care îşi avea reşedinţa în cetatea ,,Byhor", aşadar, în Ţara Crişurilor, cea a lui Gelu, arătat a fi ,,un oarecare român" (quidam Blacus) şi ,,duce (în înţelesul de conducător militar) al românilor" (dux Blacorum), a cărui formaţiune este desemnată cu numele ,,Terra Ultrasilvania" - ,,ţara de dincolo de pădure", o variantă a numelui "Transilvania", care are acelaşi înţeles- , prin urmare, în zona Podişului transilvan (s-ar putea ca reşedinţa lui să fi fost în cetatea descoperită la Dăbâlca, jud. Cluj) şi, a treia, cea a lui Glad, cu reşedinţa la Keve, pe malul stâng al Dunării (în Banatul sărbesc), despre a cărui armată Anonymus spune că era alcătuită din ,,cumani, bulgari şi români" (întrucât la aceea dată cumanii pătrunseră în spaţiul românesc, este de presupus că autorul îi avea în vedere pe pecenegi).
Istoriografia ungară contestă autenticitatea acestor informaţii şi consideră că Anonymus, care a scris la peste două secole de la desfăşurarea evenimentelor relatate, a inventat aceste personaje (de pildă, Gelu ar fi fost derivst din localitatea Gilău). N. Iorga păstra şi el mari rezerve faţă de istoricitatea episoadelor narate de notarul anonim: ,,avem aface cu o înjgebare literară târzie, din vreme Asăneştilor (Iorga consideră că e vorba de regele Bela al IV-lea 1235-1270 - n.n.), în care elemente de geografie contemporană se unesc cu o interpretare raţionalistă a legendelor venirii ungurilor, a cântecelor epice despre cucerire; se adaugă şi ca a treia parte constitutivă încercarea stângace de a scoate fapte istorice din înţelesul obişnuit al numelor geografice". Pe temeiul examinării critice a acestui izvor, istoricul conchidea: ,,Nimic nu se poate păstra din această povestire decât că, la intrarea lor în părţile de dincolo de Tisa, ungurii au găsit o populaţie băştinaşă româno-slavă sau românească pe urma slavilor, având voievozi în fruntea ei, ba chiar cnezi".
Într-adevăr, din textul lui Anonymus, importante pentru cercetarea istorică nu sunt peripeţiile - reale sau imaginare - a le luptelor dintre băştinaşi şi invadatori, ci realitatea fundamentală, a cărei amintire se păstrase la curte regală ungară: la venirea lor în ,,ţara de dincolo de pădure" (Transilvania sau, în limba ungară Erdely, de unde a derivat românescul Ardeal), ungurii i-au găsit pe români, care le-au opus rezistenţă. Subliniem că atăta vreme cât problema vechimii/autohtoniei rom\nilor ]n Transilvania nu a fost invocată ca argument pentru drepturile lor în/sau asupra Transilvaniei (aşa cum se va întâmpla în secolele XVIII-XX), în cercurile politice şi culturale ale Regatului ungar,
anterioritatea românilor faţă de maghiari în interiorul arcului carpatic era o realitate istorică deasupra îndoileii
[...]"
(Florin Constantiniu, O istorie sinceră a poporului Român, Bucureşti,Ed. Univers Enciclopedic, 1999, pag. 57-58)
PMEmail Poster
Fratello
Posted: March 09, 2005 12:56 am
Quote Post

Locotenent

" O dată cu închierea etnogenezei românilor, izvoare de mare diversitate, prin origine şi caracter, semnalează în cuprinsul ariei locuite de acesp popor formaţiuni teritoriale de întindere restrânsă, aflate în diferite stadii de închegare a instituţiilor politice, administrative şi militare.
Cele mai vechi sunt semnalate în interiourul arcului carpatic de un izvor controversat, Gesta Hungarorum (Faptele ungurilor), o cronică scrisă de notarul sau secretarul regelui Bela; autorul nu-şi dezvăluie identitatea (de aici termenul utilizat în istoriografie de Anonymus) şi nici nu arată cărui rege numit Bela i-a fost notar (majoritatea istoricilor înclină spre Bela al III-lea, 1173-1196). Potrivit relatării acestei cronici, ungurii, stabiliţi în Câmpia Panonică la sfârşitul secolului IX-lea, ar fi întâlnit în incursiunile lor în interiorul arcului carpatic trei formaţiuni statale: cea a lui Menumorut, care îşi avea reşedinţa în cetatea ,,Byhor", aşadar, în Ţara Crişurilor, cea a lui Gelu, arătat a fi ,,un oarecare român" (quidam Blacus) şi ,,duce (în înţelesul de conducător militar) al românilor" (dux Blacorum), a cărui formaţiune este desemnată cu numele ,,Terra Ultrasilvania" - ,,ţara de dincolo de pădure", o variantă a numelui "Transilvania", care are acelaşi înţeles- , prin urmare, în zona Podişului transilvan (s-ar putea ca reşedinţa lui să fi fost în cetatea descoperită la Dăbâlca, jud. Cluj) şi, a treia, cea a lui Glad, cu reşedinţa la Keve, pe malul stâng al Dunării (în Banatul sărbesc), despre a cărui armată Anonymus spune că era alcătuită din ,,cumani, bulgari şi români" (întrucât la aceea dată cumanii pătrunseră în spaţiul românesc, este de presupus că autorul îi avea în vedere pe pecenegi).
Istoriografia ungară contestă autenticitatea acestor informaţii şi consideră că Anonymus, care a scris la peste două secole de la desfăşurarea evenimentelor relatate, a inventat aceste personaje (de pildă, Gelu ar fi fost derivst din localitatea Gilău). N. Iorga păstra şi el mari rezerve faţă de istoricitatea episoadelor narate de notarul anonim: ,,avem aface cu o înjgebare literară târzie, din vreme Asăneştilor (Iorga consideră că e vorba de regele Bela al IV-lea 1235-1270 - n.n.), în care elemente de geografie contemporană se unesc cu o interpretare raţionalistă a legendelor venirii ungurilor, a cântecelor epice despre cucerire; se adaugă şi ca a treia parte constitutivă încercarea stângace de a scoate fapte istorice din înţelesul obişnuit al numelor geografice". Pe temeiul examinării critice a acestui izvor, istoricul conchidea: ,,Nimic nu se poate păstra din această povestire decât că, la intrarea lor în părţile de dincolo de Tisa, ungurii au găsit o populaţie băştinaşă româno-slavă sau românească pe urma slavilor, având voievozi în fruntea ei, ba chiar cnezi".
Într-adevăr, din textul lui Anonymus, importante pentru cercetarea istorică nu sunt peripeţiile - reale sau imaginare - a le luptelor dintre băştinaşi şi invadatori, ci realitatea fundamentală, a cărei amintire se păstrase la curte regală ungară: la venirea lor în ,,ţara de dincolo de pădure" (Transilvania sau, în limba ungară Erdely, de unde a derivat românescul Ardeal), ungurii i-au găsit pe români, care le-au opus rezistenţă. Subliniem că atăta vreme cât problema vechimii/autohtoniei rom\nilor ]n Transilvania nu a fost invocată ca argument pentru drepturile lor în/sau asupra Transilvaniei (aşa cum se va întâmpla în secolele XVIII-XX), în cercurile politice şi culturale ale Regatului ungar, anterioritatea românilor faţă de maghiari în interiorul arcului carpatic era o realitate istorică deasupra îndoileii.

Here is passage from the book "O Istorie sinceră a poporului Român" by Florin Constantiniu about the controversy of Anonymus's Gesta Hungarorum
(I posted in romanian language to be more concise):

Într-adevăr, din textul lui Anonymus, importante pentru cercetarea istorică nu sunt peripeţiile - reale sau imaginare - a le luptelor dintre băştinaşi şi invadatori, ci realitatea fundamentală, a cărei amintire se păstrase la curte regală ungară: la venirea lor în ,,ţara de dincolo de pădure" (Transilvania sau, în limba ungară Erdely, de unde a derivat românescul Ardeal), ungurii i-au găsit pe români, care le-au opus rezistenţă. Subliniem că atăta vreme cât problema vechimii/autohtoniei românilor în Transilvania nu a fost invocată ca argument pentru drepturile lor în/sau asupra Transilvaniei (aşa cum se va întâmpla în secolele XVIII-XX), în cercurile politice şi culturale ale Regatului ungar, anterioritatea românilor faţă de maghiari în interiorul arcului carpatic era o realitate istorică deasupra îndoileii.
[...]"
(Florin Constantiniu, O istorie sinceră a poporului Român, Bucureşti,Ed. Univers Enciclopedic, 1999, pag. 57-58)
PMEmail Poster
Barbosu
Posted: March 10, 2005 12:12 am
Quote Post

Sergent

I found right on the forum an old topic on Trianon where are some interesting posts on the subject debated here.
http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=1294&st=0

Please read especially Zsoldos Tamas point of view, because he is "from the other side" and we can find out what we are dealing with in the BIG Picture which is the subject of this topic.

I have for now two observations after reading ALL that topic on Trianon:

1. I am a sad because in that topic Denes did not correct any of many faults of his co-national Tamas. But besides the faults Zsoldos wrote some interesting fragments.

2. About the history during the communism

- There is no doubt that communists used history (like any other possible mean) to manipulate and brain-wash the people, especially the youngs. I found a high school history book printed in 1978 for XII grade. The most manipulated chapters are the ones where the Communist Party (PCR) could gain some merit and fabricate itself a history. Maybe I will translate some fragments from the book the next days.
- I use as source a democratic historian (romanian), Vlad Georgescu, arrested as disident by the communists in 1977. He left Romania in 1978 and lived his last 10 years in USA where he died eventually in '88. His book: The History of Romanians - from the origins to our days was published in Romania finally in 1992, by Humanitas Publishing House.
-----------------------------------------------------------

About last message posted by Fratello (too bad is not in English)

Vlad Georgescu (the proved disident and democratic historian) an Florin Costiniu , the historian quoted by Fratello share the same opinion. Maybe Costiniu is more detailed in some asprcts, Georgescu in other, but the general idea is the same: Hungarians found three Romanian states in Transilvania: one in Crisana, ruled by Menumorut from Biharea, the capital, near todays Oradea; one in Banat ruled by Glad from Morisena (alias Cenad, today) and one in the heart of Transilvania, with the capital at Dabaca, near Cluj/Kolosvary, ruled by Gelu. (the capitals are stated as in Georgescu's book).

The aerhologists found the remains of around 20 settlements/villages in Menumorut's kingdom, 60 in Glad's and over 40 in Gelu's, according to Georgescu.

This post has been edited by Barbosu on March 10, 2005 12:13 am
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0738 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]