Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 90% of Romanian Jews killed during WW2?, according to some sources
Imperialist
Posted: April 19, 2007 03:47 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Group: Members
Member No.: 499

QUOTE (New Connaught Ranger @ April 19, 2007 03:29 pm)
Imp biggrin.gif

Sid pointed out where you made your original error, now you are saying there was no error in quoting Johnson?ß

Kevin in Deva cool.gif

I think there is a big disconnect in our dialogue. I said:

Another person reading Johnson and coming up with 750k in Romania. Coincidence?

To which you said:

No! they probably made the same mistake as you

Now I'm asking you what mistake did they and I do. You, not Sid. Or if you so will, link to what Sid said. You're avoiding a straight answer.

--------------------
I
PM
New Connaught Ranger
Posted: April 19, 2007 05:53 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 770

Hallo Imperial, biggrin.gif

feel free to correct me but did you not post this figure: 750k (as quoted by Johnson) originaly.

Which Sid contested.

Then you posted somebody else had read the same source (Johnson) and come up with the same figure 750k.

To me, that seems like you were trying to justify your original post and figure.

I was saying fairly simply, to my mind that was it not possible for two people to read the same source, same (mis) information, and come up with the same conclusion.

Hopefully you understand where I am coming from, it is not my intention to start or contribute to an argument,

Only searching for clarity.

Kevin in Deva. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
Imperialist
Posted: April 19, 2007 06:40 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 499

QUOTE (New Connaught Ranger @ April 19, 2007 05:53 pm)
To me, that seems like you were trying to justify your original post and figure.

I was saying fairly simply, to my mind that was it not possible for two people to read the same source, same (mis) information, and come up with the same conclusion.

Hopefully you understand where I am coming from, it is not my intention to start or contribute to an argument,

Only searching for clarity.

Hi. OK, I understand you. And I have nothing against your opinion about the possibility for 2 people to come up with the same figure/data after reading the same source.

My reaction was towards your conviction that the figure/data is mistaken. 2 people coming with the same figure/data may not be proof of being right, neither is of being wrong. But it does draw attention to have a more careful look at what the source claims. For example, did you read Johnson's book?

take care

This post has been edited by Imperialist on April 19, 2007 06:42 pm

--------------------
I
PM
Victor
Posted: April 20, 2007 07:27 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Off topic posts deleted. There is no need for personal attacks. Stick to the topic.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
New Connaught Ranger
Posted: April 20, 2007 12:29 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Hallo Imp,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you, with regards Johnsons book no, I havent got access to it here in Transylvania where I live, the local library is very short on anything in English.

OFF Topic biggrin.gif

I am not using this as an excuse, I try to find out as much as I can online but its getting to be frustrating when the information you search for keeps on reffering you to Wikepedia wink.gif not the most accurate of things.

I would appreciate any links you can give, also I have to say I never got as far in schooling as many of the young people do today, before I was 17, (hence the bad spelling sad.gif ) due to family circumstances, I joined the Irish army and I am self-educated mainly by reading as many books as I can get my hands on.

I have spent the last 5 years writing up the history of the many British Regiments that passed through the town of Castlebar, Co. Mayo, (now the Republic of Ireland) from 1730 to 1922, which envolved reading hundreds of copies of local and national newspapers on microfise, information that has never been before researched.

I am now in the process of trying to find a Publisher willing to print it all, unsure.gif

PMEmail Poster
New Connaught Ranger
Posted: April 20, 2007 06:47 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

QUOTE (Imperialist @ April 20, 2007 01:42 pm)
[QUOTE]

"microfise"? Do you speak Romanian, because the English term is "microfiche". tongue.gif

take care.

Well Lucky for you I didnt use the Irish term: Micro FISH tongue.gif

Kevin in Deva biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
Victor
Posted: April 22, 2007 06:47 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Off topic posts delete, again. Discuss the subject or don't discuss at all. Remember that we don't have to like each other here, but we have to try at least to behave civilized. Thank you.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0518 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]