Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Photo Album, Ploeisti and Bucharest
RHaught
Posted: November 26, 2006 12:37 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 93

I just recently acquired a German solder's album that is all pics taken in the area surounding Bucharest. Trying to find out when it would have been taken? Also, the pics near the end show Romanian troops parading around the area I ssume to be Ploeisti, can anyone verify anything from the link? Will post pics or link to them later when I have time to scan them/

German photo album/Romania
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Victor
Posted: November 26, 2006 12:48 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

They were most likely taken in the October 1940- June 1941 period, the main indicator being the photos of the collapsed buildings following the November 1940 eathquake. The parade is most likely the 10 May 1941 parade and it's in Bucharest on the Jianu Road (today Aviatorilor). Note the distinctive cubic stone pavement, which still exists today and if I am not mistaking it is protected by UNESCO.

Also, the "Timisul Park" is in fact the Cismigiu Park and the railroad artillery pieces were in the Carol Park, where the Military Museum resided in that period.

Nice photos btw.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
mihai
Posted: August 19, 2007 08:59 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

NOw,The links show Kriegsmarine Photo Group
THis is BATTLESHIP TIRPITZ!

MIhai
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0527 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]