Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanian Aeronautical Constructions, by Dan Antoniu & George Cicos
Mirek Wawrzynski
Posted: September 02, 2006 07:08 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

Hi
This iv very good and fundamental book about Romanian aviationa + history (not comabt any way - this is not this goal). I have it since May/June 2006 (or so), recomended for all realy interesting in Romanian aviation and its history such a encklopedy.

Printing quality is very good , glossy paper, so the photos (maybe some are a little bit to small) and many B&W drawings are very nice reproduced.
Very good editorial and translation level

It is maybe a pity, there are not any color section to show construction in thier colors. This is lack of this book.

I know, what I am talking about it, having this book almost from the its surfacing on the market.

Regards,
Mirek Wawrzyński
Poland
PM
lancer21
Posted: May 01, 2012 08:26 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 2883

Sorry for digging this very old topic but as this is one of the books i yearned for years , it seems these days i can just scrape some money to go forward and buy it . Now can i ask please , does anyone knows of a safe online store or a good UK based booksellers that can supply this book ? It seems unusually hard to find a decent place to buy it online.

( No don't you even start "hah you're in the UK you must be filthy rich!" )

Many thanks.

This post has been edited by lancer21 on May 01, 2012 08:32 pm
PMEmail Poster
Radub
Posted: May 01, 2012 09:08 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 476

Try to contact Dan Antoniu directly.
http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showuser=2824
Hth,
Radu
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
lancer21
Posted: May 05, 2012 11:32 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Thanks for your advice Radub , i've done just that. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
lancer21
Posted: May 07, 2012 09:47 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Ok, mr. Antoniu has been very kind to give me all his bank details. Now the big issue is actually sending the money . Couple of years back i've had alot of hassle trying to send money internationally from my account here in UK ( to Russia), wanted to buy something worth £20 , but the bank told me they need to charge £30 quid for that! I gave up in the end.

Looking on the net , i've just found this site . Does anyone know, how secure is it ? Did anyone used it ? Everything looks very promising , small fee and next day clearance , wonderful ! But how good and genuine is it?
http://www.globalwebpay.com/how-to-send-mo...to-Romania.aspx

Would really apreciate any advice or suggestion.

Thank you!

This post has been edited by lancer21 on May 07, 2012 09:48 pm
PMEmail Poster
muggs
Posted: May 08, 2012 06:31 am
Quote Post

Plutonier

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1499

If the sum is not too big i can offer to take the money via PayPal and i will transfer that sum from my own bank account to mr. Antoniu
PMEmail Poster
Radub
Posted: May 08, 2012 07:54 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 476

QUOTE (lancer21 @ May 07, 2012 09:47 pm)
Ok, mr. Antoniu has been very kind to give me all his bank details. Now the big issue is actually sending the money . Couple of years back i've had alot of hassle trying to send money internationally from my account here in UK ( to Russia), wanted to buy something worth £20 , but the bank told me they need to charge £30 quid for that! I gave up in the end.

Looking on the net , i've just found this site . Does anyone know, how secure is it ? Did anyone used it ? Everything looks very promising , small fee and next day clearance , wonderful ! But how good and genuine is it?
http://www.globalwebpay.com/how-to-send-mo...to-Romania.aspx

Would really apreciate any advice or suggestion.

Thank you!

If you have on-line banking, you should be able to send money via IBAN directly from your account. It should be under the "Transfers" tab.
If you do not have on-line banking, you can go to your nearest branch office with Mr. Antoniu's IBAN details and they will transfer the money.
HTH
Radu
Victor
Posted: May 08, 2012 08:01 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

From experience inter-country transfers from bank to bank do not really take into account that one sends 50 Euros or 500 Euros. The transfer taxes are relatively high. Also, you would need the SWIFT code information besides the IBAN, if I remember correctly.
lancer21
Posted: May 08, 2012 09:27 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Thanks for your help and advice everyone. Well the last couple of hours ( before seeing your replies here , of course) i spent them making an account on Globalwebpay and following all the steps to send the money for the book to mr. Antoniu. I've never been able to transfer money internationally from my bank account , maybe i don't know how to do it, maybe it's not set-up for international payments, as i said last time i went in the branch and asked them about it and they said they'll charge me £30 for it.

I've looked on the net as much as i could anything about this site , didn't found anything bad about them ( yet!)

All's done now with this Globalwebpay site , please god don't make this a con and have me wake up with my bloody account emptied and things like this... sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
muggs
Posted: May 09, 2012 06:23 am
Quote Post

Plutonier

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1499

If you would have a little trust you would have a 0 pounds fee by transferring the money via PP to me wink.gif At most there would have been probably a 3 RON charge if mr. Antoniu has his account in a different bank than mine
PMEmail Poster
lancer21
Posted: May 13, 2012 11:14 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Well, i remembered what i've been taught as a kid , don't take candy from complete stranger! laugh.gif

No offence Muggs, your offer was very kind, in fact AFTER i ordered the book thru that site , i remembered that you're quite active on the web , you have a topic on that big WW2 aircraft site about Romanian Air Force , hope you'll update it btw.

But i just had (and have) no idea who are you, so hence my (more costly) choice.

Anyway , hopefully the book should be on it's way shortly , Mr Antoniu confirmed receiving my payment . Yay!

This post has been edited by lancer21 on May 13, 2012 11:14 am
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0376 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]