Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Russian next generation MBT, a topic about T95 .. and beyond
contras
Posted: February 05, 2010 08:13 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Group: Members
Member No.: 2693

QUOTE (contras @ February 05, 2010 05:49 pm)
You read that book? 

Yes, I did. 

Sounds interesting. You can give us some details about battles  ?

It is a fiction, a novel in Clancy's style. But I think is the first Romanian tehno-thriller.
The plot is about a war started by Ukraine (a military dictatorship) against Romania. Same time, war begins in Taiwan, China tried to occupy it, and USA is involved directly.
They're many descriptions of battles in Maramures, Dobrogea, naval battle in Black Sea, many aerial fightings, bombings, tank battles, etc. Some espionage affairs, hostage rescue action, and many more. Are many maps, that the action is easy to follow.
I recomand that book, it is a fast turning page action. Here are some references, and a few maps I telling you about:

http://www.marist.ro/aparitii-candarmelevorbesc.htm
PMEmail Poster
TYPHON
Posted: February 06, 2010 07:44 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2711

QUOTE (udar @ February 05, 2010 07:54 pm)
But, i am really curious how T 95 will look and perform, if is not an endless delay as in case of SU PAK FA fighter jet (btw, i wonder why they scrpaed Mig 1.44 project, i always liked more MIG's)

the mig project was a demonstrator a preprototipe, never suposed to be a first line fighter
PMEmail Poster
contras
Posted: February 06, 2010 05:13 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Empires appear, rise, then fall, its a history law, and its impossible to escape from it. The most powerful empire ever, the roman one, fell, and russians will fell too. Not as disapearing as peoples, but their empire will fell, and they will come to a smaller teritory and influence. In my opinion, now just their nuclear weapons (increasingly rusty, and with new ICBM based on submarines having more failures then succesess on tests) and natural resources make them to still be a big power.

It is very true, fallen of empires is an historical fact, and an historical law.
But in this moment, about Russian empire you could not be sure in what stage is it now.
It is clear that now is in refluxe, maybe reached and passed the turning point. And it looks that it will come again, will try again to regain it's staus.
And this will be the main problem for Russia and his vicinity. Will be an soft attempt, to came back with softpower, or will be a bonecrusher, like in Georgia. Or, I believe, will be both, a combination between stick and carrot. (military power and natural rezerves, bussines oporunities).
And, finally, where will arrive. A global superpower, or just a regional one. In any case, we must stand against.
PMEmail Poster
TYPHON
Posted: February 06, 2010 06:08 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

QUOTE (contras @ February 06, 2010 05:13 pm)
[QUOTE]
And, finally, where will arrive. A global superpower, or just a regional one. In any case, we must stand against.

thats the spirit

anyway, I feal this discussion is going towards history rather than T95 tech issues
we should get back on track
PMEmail Poster
contras
Posted: February 06, 2010 08:46 pm
Quote Post

Maior

You're absolutely right, Typhon.
That is why I started a new topic, about this problems, maybe inspired by last discussion.

http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=5593
PMEmail Poster
TYPHON
Posted: February 07, 2010 11:22 am
Quote Post

Soldat

so, to get back to T95

they say it will have a POD inside the hull for the 3 men crue.

but a 3 men pod could be rather large, so where do you think it will be placed? in front or behind the turets central pilar?

depending of the pod position then we can asses where the other main components will be situated, like the engine and the fuel tank
PMEmail Poster
ANDREAS
Posted: October 15, 2011 10:32 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 2421

As you can read here :
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blogs/defen...mentId=blogDest
in the article "Russia Cancels Arms Programs" :
"[...] The main victim is the mysterious Object 195 program that was aimed to develop a new generation main battle tank to replace existing T-80 and T-90 tanks in the Russian Army. The new tank also dubbed T-95 has been developed by Nizhny Tagil Uralvagonzavod armor manufacturer in complete secrecy for more than 15 years. Popovkin said the military will focus on modernization of the T-90 instead.[...]"
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Petre
Posted: October 16, 2011 08:30 am
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 2434

PMEmail Poster
contras
Posted: October 16, 2011 08:33 am
Quote Post

Maior

There are many others programs who were or will be canceled by Russians in order to focus on startegic weapons, like ICMBs aimed to penetrate the Missile Balistic Shield.
PMEmail Poster
ANDREAS
Posted: October 16, 2011 12:41 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 2421

Yes contras, it's more likely that they will focus on the T-90 in an upgraded version called T-90AM :
http://russiadefence.englishboard.net/t136...t-95-and-t-90am
PMEmail PosterYahoo
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.1247 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]