Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (7) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Colour Artwork of Rumanian Warplanes
Cantacuzino
Posted: December 21, 2004 08:29 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 144

And today a well respected and good looking WWII vet. in his Gen. uniform.
His uncensored speech at Cpt.Serbanescu comemoration 18 august 2004.
On his uniform the Iron cross is not missing. ( photo Dan Melinte )

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
alexkdl
Posted: December 21, 2004 08:34 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 373

Denes

many thanks for the outstanding photos , like alwaysa your material is very special and absolutely the best , is resourcefull and gives an outstanding contribution to this forum bringing it to be one of the most professional forums about WWII on the net . As far as I am concerned you simply made my day. Thank you again reviving the ARR WII glorious days of military aviation with the photos posted . If there is any paiting or photo you require related to the Luftwaffe or Soviet Aviation , let me know I have a huge data base and will be glad to send it

Alex
PM
alexkdl
Posted: December 21, 2004 08:37 am
Quote Post

Group Icon

Cantacuzino , many thanks to you too , like always you doing a super job on here and your contribution is simple priceless. If you require anything from AF, Luftwaffe or Soviet of WWII or modern military aviation let me know , I have huge resources and be happy to assist you

Many thanks
Alex
PM
alexkdl
Posted: December 21, 2004 08:51 am
Quote Post

Group Icon

Denes / Cantacuzino

Do you guys have a clear cockpit photo of the IAR-80 and 81a or b series , sofar I couldn't get a clear one from inside and I seek since years to get one , from what I saw on the cockpit pohos posted by Victor and Denes , I think it had an outstanding and futuristic instruments layout better than other fighters cockpits , great aerodynamics just the issue with the taildragon missing wheel I don't get it.....why no other Air Force ever adopted such system? after all Russians and German had to deal with a hell of a winter too and difficult ground operations and yet there was a wheel in place instead a ski. I also think that this ski would make the turning on grass airfields more difficult and the pilot would turn by applying brake on one wheel in order to make tight tuns while taxiing

Alex

This post has been edited by alexkdl on December 21, 2004 08:56 am
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: December 21, 2004 09:23 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Posted on Dec 21 2004, 08:51 AM by Alex

Denes / Cantacuzino

Do you guys have a clear cockpit photo of the IAR-80 and 81a or b series , sofar I couldn't get a clear one from inside and I seek since years to get one , from what I saw on the cockpit pohos posted by Victor and Denes , I think it had an outstanding and futuristic instruments layout better than other fighters cockpits , great aerodynamics just the issue with the taildragon missing wheel I don't get it.....why no other Air Force ever adopted such system? after all Russians and German had to deal with a hell of a winter too and difficult ground operations and yet there was a wheel in place instead a ski. I also think that this ski would make the turning on grass airfields more difficult and the pilot would turn by applying brake on one wheel in order to make tight tuns while taxiing

Alex

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: December 21, 2004 09:25 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Denes / Cantacuzino

Do you guys have a clear cockpit photo of the IAR-80 and 81a or b series

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: December 21, 2004 09:27 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Denes / Cantacuzino

Do you guys have a clear cockpit photo of the IAR-80 and 81a or b series

And a rare color picture with IAR 81 C panel. ( But something is missing ? )

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: December 21, 2004 09:30 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

And the IOR ( Intreprinderea optica romana ) IAR 81 gunsight

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: December 21, 2004 09:31 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

And a color drawing of IAR 80 stick

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
alexkdl
Posted: December 21, 2004 10:56 am
Quote Post

Group Icon

cantacuzino !!

fanthastic photos, yes something is missing the Artificial Horizon...or was the aircraft not equipped for instrument flying ? is the where is the nav instrument ( ADF) ? was it integrated into the DG ( directional gyro) I think the gunsight ( head up dispaly) seems to be the most advanced part of the instruments

Thanks
Al
PM
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: December 21, 2004 11:29 am
Quote Post

General de brigada

Group: Members
Member No.: 328

Aparently the gunsight for IAR-80/81 was made under license (the license was from the germans), however I thought german fighters gunsights had a different display (a cross and a circle, not a circle with a point in the middle).

Cantacuzion great shots !
PMUsers Website
Cantacuzino
Posted: December 21, 2004 12:20 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Posted on Dec 21 2004, 11:29 AM by Mytzu
  Aparently the gunsight for IAR-80/81 was made under license (the license was from the germans), however I thought german fighters gunsights had a different display (a cross and a circle, not a circle with a point in the middle).

The circle and the point is only engraved in the sunglass protection. Inside the gunsight is a complex magnifiers wich reflect on the 45degree glass the light of a bulb through cut outs in a form of circle and a cross wich can be modified depending of what type of enemy plane and what distance by rotating the rings in the midlle of gunsight.
PM
Dénes
Posted: December 21, 2004 03:44 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (alexkdl @ Dec 21 2004, 02:34 PM)
Denes

many thanks for the outstanding photos , like alwaysa your material is very special and absolutely the best , is resourcefull and gives an outstanding contribution to this forum bringing it to be one of the most professional forums about WWII on the net . As far as I am concerned you simply made my day. Thank you again reviving the ARR WII glorious days of military aviation with the photos posted . If there is any paiting or photo you require related to the Luftwaffe or Soviet Aviation , let me know I have a huge data base and will be glad to send it

Alex

Thanks for your kind words, Alex. I simply try to help other people and also to learn new things, too.

I only wish to have more free time to post more frequently here...

Gen. Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: December 21, 2004 04:12 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Group: Members
Member No.: 328

Cantacuzino thank you very much for the explanation.
I wanted to ask you about this photo:

user posted image

Was it made to a real IAR-80/81 pannel or is it from one of the 2 replicas ? does the one a military museum have a gunsight ?

This post has been edited by D13-th_Mytzu on December 21, 2004 04:13 pm
PMUsers Website
Cantacuzino
Posted: December 21, 2004 04:39 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Posted on Dec 21 2004, 04:12 PM by Mytzu
Was it made to a real IAR-80/81 pannel or is it from one of the 2 replicas ? does the one a military museum have a gunsight ?

OK, guys i can not fool you anymore. It's not the panel of the real IAR 81 or one of the two replicas from museums. It's just 1/5 scale from my next project a radio control scale IAR 81 (41CC gas engine). That why is something missing because it's not finished yet. I wanted to see if anybody observe the difference. biggrin.gif
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (7) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.2702 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]