Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romania's Decision to enter NATO
Chandernagore
Posted: November 15, 2003 04:37 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 106

Would be interested to hear what Thomas V. opinion on the matter is.

Thomas V. is Belgian not German.

It is dangerous because, the financial policy is even more remote now from the democratic decision (and national interest) than it was when the national currencies gradually slipped from governmental control to independent central banks.

Agree completely. You call it dangerous I call it necessary. You can tell as much about the Wisconsin state vs the Federal state.

Abandoning national currency means abandoning sovereignty, much more so than delegating political decisions to a EU government.

That part of sovereignty doesn't vanish, it is transfered at the next level. Naturally being a nationalist you hate the whole process as well as the nature and goals of a multi state power block.

For my part I share Hugo Lanzmann's opinion on nationalism :

Nationalism is the poison which prevents most from sleeping in peace, and has made the 20th century the bloodiest in history. Without nationalism there would have been no Adolf Hitler. To me nationalism is the scourge of mankind. It is the modern word for tribal mentality, straight from the stone age. It leads to a completely shizophrenic set of values, a double standard of values. I agree with Mark Twain that until it is stamped out from the minds there will be no peace, for your tribe and for the others.

And I love my country just as you do.
PM
mabadesc
Posted: November 15, 2003 05:26 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

Chander,

You said:
We don't have quite the same view of the world but we understand each other and, for me, that's a small ray of light and hope for the future.

I agree with you and I'm glad you feel that way.
Besides, two people can be in disagreement and still be friendly and get along with each other. I wish countries operated on the same level.

One last thing about the EU. I'm really not opposed to it, as long as:
1. It's not hostile towards the US (see French government's statements). I'm not referring to economics. Economics competition is fair. I'm talking about continuous political opposition/hostility.
2. I hope the EU will treat all its Eastern Bloc (current and future) members equally, without being condescending. Countries like Poland, Romania, Hungary should be able to speak their minds without being admonished by Western EU countries.
PM
Geto-Dacul
Posted: November 15, 2003 06:03 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Member No.: 9

For my part I share Hugo Lanzmann's opinion on nationalism :  

Nationalism is the poison which prevents most from sleeping in peace, and has made the 20th century the bloodiest in history. Without nationalism there would have been no Adolf Hitler. To me nationalism is the scourge of mankind. It is the modern word for tribal mentality, straight from the stone age. It leads to a completely shizophrenic set of values, a double standard of values. I agree with Mark Twain that until it is stamped out from the minds there will be no peace, for your tribe and for the others.

You can keep your Jewish quotes for yourself, Chandernagore... Aren't Israel and Colonel Sharon nationalists afterall? As I said before, nationalism will exist until nations will disapear. Globalism is on the path to do this...
PMUsers Website
Chandernagore
Posted: November 15, 2003 06:03 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel
Group Icon

I'm really not opposed to it, as long as:
1.  It's not hostile towards the US  (see French government's statements)...  I'm talking about continuous political opposition/hostility.

The opposition is not toward the USA it's toward the current republican administration. And... they should be able to speak their mind without being admonished by Washington ;-)

2.  I hope the EU will treat all its Eastern Bloc (current and future) members equally, without being condescending. Countries like Poland, Romania, Hungary should be able to speak their minds without being admonished by Western EU countries.

Agree. But I think EU countries should speak their minds internally, slap each other's face inside the EU parliament but come out of there with a common position in international affairs. Otherwise the world will never take us seriously.
PM
Chandernagore
Posted: November 15, 2003 06:10 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel
Group Icon

You can keep your Jewish quotes for yourself, Chandernagore...

I was eagerly awaiting the traditional Jewish accusation and whose head pops up ? Our dear Geto ! laugh.gif
Naaah. Hugo is a good Frenchman.

Aren't Israel and Colonel Sharon nationalists afterall?

Currently yes. I have much respect for Sharon as a soldier but as a politico he's nuts.
PM
Geto-Dacul
Posted: November 15, 2003 10:03 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Member No.: 9

Chandy wrote :

I was eagerly awaiting the traditional Jewish accusation and whose head pops up ? Our dear Geto !  
Naaah. Hugo is a good Frenchman.

A Frenchman with that name, I don't think so. But in your twisted freemasonic philosophy, everyone who is borned on a territory (even borned ona plane) must be classified "as from there", and that even if he's not making part of the dominant nationality.

Currently yes. I have much respect for Sharon as a soldier but as a politico he's nuts.

You must have also very much respect for Sharon's war crimes, eigh?
PMUsers Website
Chandernagore
Posted: November 15, 2003 11:36 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel
Group Icon

A Frenchman with that name, I don't think so. But in your twisted freemasonic philosophy, everyone who is borned on a territory (even borned ona plane) must be classified \"as from there\", and that even if he's not making part of the dominant nationality.

Ever heard of Alsace ? Repeat : Hugo is French, Français, Francese. You see Jews everywhere, it's a nationalist sickness.

You must have also very much respect for Sharon's war crimes, eigh?

No, I despise him for what he allowed to be done in Shatila & Sabra. As much as I despise the actual Israeli policies in the middle east. But then let's not forget that he's a nationalist ... like you.

It doesn't change the fact that purely as a military commander Sharon knew his business. Look at his achievements in the Yom Kippur war.
PM
inahurry
Posted: November 16, 2003 05:56 pm
Quote Post

Sergent
Group Icon

Member No.: 61

Chandernagore,

Have you tried a long stroll in the woods ? It may help.
PM
Chandernagore
Posted: November 16, 2003 06:03 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel
Group Icon

Chandernagore,

Have you tried a long stroll in the woods ? It may help.

Puerile
PM
inahurry
Posted: November 16, 2003 06:18 pm
Quote Post

Sergent
Group Icon

Would do you good, but frankly was thinking you may get lost. Not for long though, you're the best propaganda asset against EU political integration, would hate to lose you.
PM
Chandernagore
Posted: November 16, 2003 09:30 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel
Group Icon

Would do you good, but frankly was thinking you may get lost. Not for long though, you're the best propaganda asset against EU political integration, would hate to lose you.

Puerile
PM
inahurry
Posted: November 16, 2003 10:11 pm
Quote Post

Sergent
Group Icon

Gives the Chandernagore a gentle poke in case he was caught in a mental blockage.
PM
Chandernagore
Posted: November 17, 2003 02:19 am
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel
Group Icon

Gives the Chandernagore a gentle poke in case he was caught in a mental blockage.

Puerile. Do you actually have something, anything interesting to say ? Or is it just that you try desperately to be funny ?
PM
inahurry
Posted: November 17, 2003 02:57 am
Quote Post

Sergent
Group Icon

Good. It worked. Now the Chandernagore is back on track, charming us with his usual inept comments.
PM
Victor
Posted: November 17, 2003 09:35 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Can you please stop the off-topic chit-chat?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0567 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]