Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanian ww2 equipment
Claudiu1988
Posted: March 01, 2006 06:24 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Group: Members
Member No.: 398

What do you think about this kit bag. Is it ww2?

user posted image

source: www.okazii.ro
PMEmail Poster
mihnea
Posted: March 01, 2006 09:11 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

I'm not sure that it is original WWII it might be early post war.

The picture is made from a very bad angle.

The small leather belt on the cover and the thick piece of leather are for holding the Dutch helmet.

Unfortunately the leather appears to be stiff so I'm not interested.
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: March 01, 2006 10:21 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 93

Doesn't say anything about selling it. If leather is stiff use some oil (forget what type I used) for about a week or so. let it absorb then would be fine. Thats what I did with my German WW2 rucksack! biggrin.gif
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Victor
Posted: March 02, 2006 06:52 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

RHaught, okazii.ro is a Romanian site similar to eBay. Everything posted there is for sale.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Kepi
Posted: March 02, 2006 07:52 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 680

I think this is a genuine M.1939 Romanian knapsack. Unfortunately in the photo not all the details are visible. I’ll be very curious to see the front sling hooks, from which the cartridge pouches were hang up. They should be in aluminum as the german WW2 model.
The communist model of knapsack, adopted in late 1960s, was a copy of the WW2 model but the fastening straps on the flap are different and it has simplified tin hooks on the front slings.
It seems to be an interesting piece of collection but I don't know what would be the right price.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Victor
Posted: March 02, 2006 08:24 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Kepi
Posted: March 02, 2006 09:01 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 680

I have no comments as I would not want to affect the bids.
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: March 02, 2006 10:18 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (Victor @ Mar 2 2006, 06:52 AM)
RHaught, okazii.ro is a Romanian site similar to eBay. Everything posted there is for sale.

Well that would explain the for sell part. Too bad not able to have an English version from what I see. Would be able to compete outside of the Romanian market and open new doors for reenactors/collectors. Still, for the stiff leather use mink oil (or something will look to see what I used). With auctions just be careful not to get in a bidding war and still think it is best to go to the flea markets and shops since it is always rewarding to find something and get a better price.
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
wrmpilot
Posted: April 29, 2006 03:19 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 612

Can anyone tell me where to go on the site to register. Does anyone know what the exchange rate is between US dollars and Romanian RON
PMEmail Poster
wrmpilot
Posted: April 29, 2006 03:29 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 612

OK, I found the place to register, it appears that they only want people in Romania to register, what is the format of the mobile phone number in Romania. I could not get by that in the registration process. If I can register, at least I can communicate with the sellers.
PMEmail Poster
Victor
Posted: April 29, 2006 07:11 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

The mobile phone number is mqde up of 10 numbers

The first two digits are 07, which specify its a mobile network
The third denotes the phone company:
-2 -> Vodafone
-4 -> Orange
-6 -> Cosmote
-8 -> Zapp

And then come another 7 digits

For example, a Vodafone number would be 0722 78 37 90

However I don't remember if they don't send an SMS with a registration code for you to use. I know I received an SMS from them some while ago, when they were restructuring the accounts and everybody had to re-register and they send me a code.

As for experiences with people there, I had so far 3 bad experiences, two times when I was selling and one time when I was buying. In all cases the transaction did not take place anymore. dragos03 had more bad luck.
Alexei2102
Posted: April 29, 2006 07:18 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 888

Unfortunately the guys at okazii.ro are sending an SMS code every time someone wants to register.

@wrmpilot - If you are interested, I can make you an account. I have 2 mobiles, and only 1 of them is registered to okazii.ro. So, there one available, in order to make a new account.

Regarding the scams, on this Romanian sites there are fakers and scammers, just like on e-bay, but on a smaller scale. I had my clashes with them also, but except for those two unfortunate ocasions, everything was just fine.

Best Regards to all,

Al
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: July 09, 2007 01:42 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (Kepi @ March 02, 2006 07:52 am)
I think this is a genuine M.1939 Romanian knapsack. Unfortunately in the photo not all the details are visible. I’ll be very curious to see the front sling hooks, from which the cartridge pouches were hang up. They should be in aluminum as the german WW2 model.
The communist model of knapsack, adopted in late 1960s, was a copy of the WW2 model but the fastening straps on the flap are different and it has simplified tin hooks on the front slings.
It seems to be an interesting piece of collection but I don't know what would be the right price.

user posted image

I have the rucksack here in the US now. Leather is stiff but using lotion to loosen it which seems to be working.
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
mihnea
Posted: July 09, 2007 03:26 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

Last year I bought this brand new communist back pack and many equipment straps (good for atatching equipment on the back pack, the canteen on the bread bag and probably other uses), more than in the picture for only 60ron unfortunatly I haven't seen the seller ever since but he had a lot of mint communist era equipment for sale and the fair is now closed.

Added for comparson a photo with a back pack from WWII. I think that the biggest diference is the color of the leather that in WWII was dark grey.

user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0406 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]