Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tanker helmets
Grizzly
Posted: March 14, 2006 03:58 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 767

Hello All,

I have been reading some info on Romanian armor uniforms in "Osprey's Germany's Eastern Front allies pt.1" and according to this book Romanian crews wore the French style helmet painted Dk. Blue; and I was wondering if anyone could verify this as I have in the past found a couple of things i read in an Osprey (my main source of uniform info for my modeling projects) books conflict with other sources.
So if I did some tanker figures it would be khaki coveralls and dark blue french style tanker helmets??
For anyone who can help verify this thankyou in advance. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kepi
Posted: March 14, 2006 09:25 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 680

The French style tank helmets were carried only on early stages of WW2 by some Renault R-35 or CKD R-1 tank crews. These vehicles had no radios so it was not necessary to have ear phones. These helmets were initially painted grey-blue but from 1925 they were painted kaki. During WW2 most tank men carried black berets and german style headphones and laryngophones.

Useful information concerning the Romanian tank crews dress could be found in "Trupele Blindate in Armata Romana. 1919-1947" ("Armoured Troops in the Romanian Army. 1919-1947"), "Dorobantul' series, Nr. 3, Bucharest 2005.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0262 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]