Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (6) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> "Budapest" erased from triumphal arch
Agarici
Posted: October 06, 2012 07:03 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE (21 inf @ October 06, 2012 06:17 pm)
QUOTE (Dénes @ October 06, 2012 02:12 pm)
The Rumanians were allied to the French, among other nations. This is included in the secret protocol what Ion Bratianu signed in Bucharest, on 4/17 August 1916. Based on this protocol Rumania claimed the area up to the middle of the Hungarian plain in 1919.

All documents signed by the French in the name of the Allies were thus binding to the Rumanians, too. This is common sense. These official documents, also singed by the Hungarians as the other party, were then repeatedly violated by the Rumanian army.

Gen. Dénes

Back on the subject, it is at least naive to believe that a paper signed by french and hungarians without being signed by romanians would oblige romanians to do what was written there. By comparison, when romanians were forced to sign Buftea peace treaty with Central Powers, french and english army didnt surended and they were also linked to romanians by an aliance. Is this fact working only when hungarians signed a paper with a romanian ally and is not working viceversa? Come on! smile.gif

... not to mention the case of Italy, a senior member of the Axis, which did not enter the war with Poland in 1939 when Germany started it (nor the war with France until its final phase), or of Japan and Bulgaria, allies of Germany (by treaty), which did not declare war to USSR neither in 1941 nor later on.
PMEmail Poster
MMM
Posted: October 06, 2012 07:22 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 2323

QUOTE (Agarici @ October 06, 2012 10:03 pm)
Japan and Bulgaria, allies of Germany (by treaty), which did not declare war to USSR neither in 1941 nor later on.

... which fact has not saved them from meeting the Red Army when it suited the Russians...
On Topic: I still don't understand when this "cover-up" was done: in '53 or in 2008?

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Florin
Posted: October 06, 2012 11:34 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (MMM @ October 06, 2012 02:22 pm)
....On Topic: I still don't understand when this "cover-up" was done: in '53 or in 2008?

I explained under page 2 of this topic a way to trace and solve this problem, from a technical point of view.
Considering that we live in a society where every person was trained in a specific job, or self offered to fill a specific niche, I would leave this detective work to Corneliu Vadim Tudor or a certified equivalent.

This post has been edited by Florin on October 07, 2012 12:46 am
PM
Radub
Posted: October 07, 2012 08:08 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 476

QUOTE (MMM @ October 06, 2012 07:22 pm)

On Topic: I still don't understand when this "cover-up" was done: in '53 or in 2008?

I think that Bansaraba's post on 4 October provides plenty of irrefutable proof that this was done a long time ago.
No one seems to be able to show one single photo of the "original" inscription, which is evidence in itself that the inscription was covered a long time ago when there weren't that many cameras around.
Radu
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MMM
Posted: October 07, 2012 11:14 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

I understand that! So why did 2008 appear in the first place? I think we're "beating around the bush" a little too much for a thing that happened almost 60 years ago and in the last 23 years nobody thought at "undoing the wrong"... mad.gif

--------------------
M
dragos
Posted: October 07, 2012 11:32 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Maybe because nobody wants to do anything about it, despite the fact that the monument went through some restoration process in the near past, as the picture with the scaffolding speak for itself.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Radub
Posted: October 07, 2012 04:17 pm
Quote Post

QUOTE (MMM @ October 07, 2012 11:14 am)
So why did 2008 appear in the first place?

2008 was the year of the last elections and UDMR became a member of the governmental coalition during this mandate. Whoever wrote that "piece of journalism" was simply attempting to blame UDMR for it. The article was very clear in pointing the blame squarely at the door of UDMR. "Hate for Hungarians" is so facile in Romania, so the rest basically took care of itself.

In truth, the word Budapest was removed by Communists simply because in 1918 the Romanian Army fought Bela Kun's bolshevik forces in Budapest.
In the early days of Romanian communism, "fighting bolsheviks" was a tabu subject, so all such mentions had to be excised from memory (along with much of Romania's involvement in the Spanish Civil War and WW2). That was the only reason why the word was removed, nothing to do with nationalism. That is just one more bit of our history that was mutilated by comunists.

Radu
MMM
Posted: October 07, 2012 04:45 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Thanks, Radub! So it wasn't that much about the Mayor's Office in Bucharest, but about the RMDSz... tongue.gif
The fact that nobody cares about restoring an old, filled with artistic and historic value monument, is sad, though... Yet it's still standing and it will be there next decade, unlike "Hala Matache", for example...

--------------------
M
Florin
Posted: October 07, 2012 05:13 pm
Quote Post

QUOTE (MMM @ October 07, 2012 11:45 am)
....The fact that nobody cares about restoring an old, filled with artistic and historic value monument, is sad, though... Yet it's still standing and it will be there next decade, unlike "Hala Matache", for example...

Worse things are happening around Bucharest and they draw little attention.
Think of Chiajna Monastery / Manastirea Chiajna.

http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C4%83n%C4%83stirea_Chiajna

Built in the days when George Washington was carrying on the Independence War = The Beginning of Time from the American point of view.
Today is surrounded by a huge urban garbage disposal site.
OK, I understand that is listed as historical monument (code LMI: B-I-m-A-17884.01)
It is surrounded by a protection fence? No, as far I know. Is somewhere there on full time payroll to protect it? No, as far I know.
In the 1980’s you can see it from far away. Now so much garbage was dumped, that masked it from view.
There are more than 20 years since the revolution, and I can tell you that in the 1990’s the Gypsies took loads of bricks from the monastery's walls. These kind of guys should be shot on the spot – the same as when they attempt a bank robbery !

If we consider all Romania, we'll never end this subject. In 1995 or in 1996 the new rich class from Alba Iulia (let me call them the local Mafia) started to destroy ancient Roman ruins – including the remains of the palace of the Roman governor (correct me if I am wrong). Why? They wanted to make space for their new palaces.

This post has been edited by Florin on October 07, 2012 05:27 pm
PM
contras
Posted: October 07, 2012 07:26 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Member No.: 2693

The Rumanians were allied to the French, among other nations. This is included in the secret protocol what Ion Bratianu signed in Bucharest, on 4/17 August 1916. Based on this protocol Rumania claimed the area up to the middle of the Hungarian plain in 1919.

All documents signed by the French in the name of the Allies were thus binding to the Rumanians, too. This is common sense. These official documents, also singed by the Hungarians as the other party, were then repeatedly violated by the Rumanian army.

Gen. Dénes

I think we could make difference between a convention signed by allies and a armistice between former enemies.

So, when French army and the Serbs took a buffer zone in Southern Hungary, they do not violated the documents signed with Franchet d'Esperey?
PMEmail Poster
Imperialist
Posted: October 08, 2012 07:26 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 499

"Nu ne mai profanati monumentele istorice!"/"Stop vandalizing our historical monuments!"

http://youtu.be/TzlWrk9V4Vo

--------------------
I
PM
Radub
Posted: October 08, 2012 08:58 pm
Quote Post

QUOTE (Imperialist @ October 08, 2012 07:26 pm)
"Nu ne mai profanati monumentele istorice!"/"Stop vandalizing our historical monuments!"

But who is the "message" intended for?
And why are they asking for a "stop"? Is the "vandalising" ongoing? Looks like they want to lock the doors of the stable after the horse has bolted. laugh.gif
Radu
Florin
Posted: October 09, 2012 06:08 pm
Quote Post

QUOTE (Imperialist @ October 08, 2012 02:26 pm)

http://youtu.be/TzlWrk9V4Vo

Moments 3:11...3:15: look at the color level of the rectangle with the erased inscription, versus the rectangle above marked "COSNA". If the erasing work would be done in 1953, 59 years of automobile and industrial pollution would "darken" it to a closer appearance with the surrounding design.
My bet is that it occurred only few years ago.
The guys lined under the arch claimed that it was erased by U.D.M.R. I don't say it was or it wasn't, but until it is proved this may be considered "calumny" and subject of lawsuit.
Whatever wrote the author of the video, the policemen and the gendarmes looked peaceful to me. But that was because the protesters did not block the auto traffic. If you don't block the traffic, you can protest 1000 years.

This post has been edited by Florin on October 09, 2012 06:19 pm
PM
MMM
  Posted: October 09, 2012 07:57 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

I'm confused! blink.gif unsure.gif So it's not from 1953? "Da' eu cu cine votez?!" cool.gif
Florin, it seems that we have our certified equivalent of CVT, right?

--------------------
M
Cantacuzino
Posted: October 09, 2012 08:23 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 144

[/QUOTE] 3:11...3:15: look at the color level of the rectangle with the erased inscription, versus the rectangle above marked "COSNA".[/QUOTE]

[IMG=http://imageshack.us/a/img703/2589/imgp0080dy.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[IMG=http://imageshack.us/a/img838/6327/imgp0081ix.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (6) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.2519 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]