Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> World War 2 Hats
REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR
Posted: July 31, 2004 02:06 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Group: Members
Member No.: 198

Center silver dial in a circular sunray pattern with a star in the center is a generals insignia. Also, 2 rows of oakleaves on the visor cap bill also denotes rank of superior general officer. Unlike kepis that show the rank of the officer, the visor cap only shows that it is of a superior officer of generals rank. The sunray insignia is also used in many military badges used by superior general officers.
PMYahooMSN
mihai
Posted: August 01, 2004 10:52 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 30

Center silver dial in a circular sunray pattern with a star in the center is a generals insignia. Also, 2 rows of oakleaves on the visor cap bill also denotes rank of superior general officer. Unlike kepis that show the rank of the officer, the visor cap only shows that it is of a superior officer of generals rank. The sunray insignia is also used in many military badges used by superior general officers.

Regading the Starburst insignia,I'll say you many thanks.
Mihai
PM
Carol I
Posted: August 06, 2004 08:44 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 136

Artillery (sold on eBay sometime ago)
user posted image
user posted image
PM
REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR
Posted: August 07, 2004 04:52 am
Quote Post

General de brigada

I remember when this hat was for sale on Ebay. I was a little skeptic about it. Photo of the hat is blury. It looks like it is of a gray blue body, black band with horizontal striped raised ridges in the weave with a large blue patch with flambing bomb in the center of it. Is that correct ???
PMYahooMSN
Carol I
Posted: August 07, 2004 08:54 am
Quote Post

General de armata

I did not buy this hat. I only noticed the auction and posted the photos on this thread. But I agree that it has a somewhat unusual look.
PM
REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR
Posted: August 07, 2004 01:46 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

What I see of the visor cap is that all parts are original but married and mismatched. I see an Air Force blue gray hat with black ribbed band of WW2 period also worn by the Air Force Anti-Aircraft Artillery. The front cap insignia is a large one with red crown circa 1934-1938 period. It looks like a flambing bomb insignia inside a wreath on a medium blue background. This insignia is for the Dorubantul Infantry (Infantry reserve) and would have been worn on a khaki green visor cap. Both hat and insignia look to be original. However, I beleive that the patch was added on recently and does not belong on this particular visor hat. Side buttons for this hat should be Air Force, Artillery or Engineers.
PMYahooMSN
REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR
Posted: August 09, 2004 02:28 am
Quote Post

General de brigada

user posted image
Cavalry General
PMYahooMSN
mihai
Posted: August 09, 2004 12:33 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 30

user posted image
Cavalry General

thaT great piece!
Can you see the inside of the cap?
I'll see the tag of tyler.
Mihai
PM
Carol I
Posted: September 04, 2004 08:30 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

From eBay

user posted image user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0957 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]