Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> How to create a reenacting group in Oradea
Kepi
Posted: October 22, 2007 11:20 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 680

As far as I know, the Infantry Regiment of Beius, was composed of ex-members of the Romanian National Guards of Transylvania.

There was also a Romanian Volunteers Regiment “Horea”, but this was the first unit of the Romanian Legion in Italy. Other units were: 2nd Regiment “Closca”, 3rd Regiment “Crisan” and 4th Regiment “Avam Iancu” (this last unit was never raised). The Italian Volunteers units, composed of ethnic Romanian POWs, dressed in Italian WW1 uniforms, with Romanian markings, came in Transylvania at the beginning of 1919, and joined the Transylvanian Volunteers Corps of Moldavia (1st Regiment “Turda”, 2nd Regiment “Alba Iulia” and 3rd Regiment “Avram Iancu”).

Vasile Dudas’s book “Voluntarii Marii Uniri”, said that in spring 1919 the 1st Romanian Volunteers Regiment “Horea” was transformed into the 97th Infantry Regiment of Odorhei, but I think this is a wrong information because the 97th was never raised. Other two regiments were simply disbanded in 1920.

Concerning your question, I don’t know if there was any connection between Romanian Volunteers Regiment “Horea”, the Infantry Regiment of Beius and the 86th Infantry Regiment. Anyway, the 86th IR was transformed in 1939 into the 2nd Fortifications Regiment, and was disbanded in 1940.

I think you have to choose a Romanian Transylvanian unit, located in western Transylvania, to commemorate the both world wars. For WW1, I think the best option would be a Transylvanian volunteers unit raised in Russia (1st Regiment “Turda”, 2nd Regiment “Alba Iulia” or 3rd Regiment “Avram Iancu”) that also fought on Moldavian Front in 1917, then in the war with Hungary in 1919. For WW2, it could be the 85th Infantry Regiment, that was garrisoned in Oradea until 1940, then was transferred to the 1st Infantry Division, in Banat. The 85th Infantry fought on the Eastern Front, from 1941 till August 1944. In October 1944, this unit was disbanded.

I think is best if you'll start with a WW1 impression, because most ceremonials commemorate the 1918 period. It’s good to start with presentation and honour guard duties on different commemorative shows in Oradea, to come to the fore of the public and attract new recruits. Dragos Diaconu could help you with the uniform: capela, tunic, trousers, puttees, bread-bag, waist belt and cartridge pouches. Then, it would be fine if you could acquire a Mauser or Czech VZ-24 bayonet from antique shops or flea market, which fit with the rifles available in the museum.

Maybe next year your reenactment squad will join us for different historical shows. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: October 22, 2007 04:17 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

Thank you, Kepi, for the infos!!!

We are 4 men gathered for reenactment, and I decided, based on informations provided by you, to reenact 3rd Regiment "Avram Iancu".

I'm going to Bucharest tomorow and I'll stay until Friday.
I'm PM to you my phone number, in order to put me in contact with Dragos Diaconu to take my numbers for the uniform biggrin.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DIN TARA MOTILOR EU AM VENIT!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
21 inf
Posted: November 24, 2007 03:38 pm
Quote Post

Thanks to Kepi (who adviced me) and Dragos D (who made the uniform),
the first uniform is ready and arrived at Oradea.

We'll reenact 3rd Regiment Avram Iancu from romanian army in ww1.

The uniform in the image is a sergeant, romanian volunteer from Transylvania who joined romanian army in summer 1917, 3rdReg Avram Iancu.

Thanks, guys!!!
Hope we'll see soon!

user posted image
Kepi
Posted: November 24, 2007 05:20 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Congratulation “21 inf”! Your Romanian WW1 uniform fits very well. smile.gif

Now you could participate at 1st of December ceremonies in Oradea as a Transylvanian volunteer of 1918. I hope that all the members of your group will be fully equipped and drilled in the near future and you’ll join us for the next historical shows. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Sturmpionier
Posted: November 24, 2007 06:01 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 630

Congratulations 21inf ! It's always an exciting moment to receive your first reenacting uniform.

P.S: What's the meaning of the green bands on the puttees ?

This post has been edited by Sturmpionier on November 24, 2007 06:30 pm
PMEmail Poster
Kepi
Posted: November 25, 2007 08:12 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (Sturmpionier @ November 24, 2007 06:01 pm)
P.S: What's the meaning of the green bands on the puttees ?

They simply are the upper laces that fit the puttes bellow the knees. They could be made in any available material (preferably in the colour of the puttes) but is recommended to be not visible. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: November 25, 2007 05:44 pm
Quote Post

I'm still learning how to put the putees on my feets biggrin.gif

That's why one is upper than the other biggrin.gif
mihnea
Posted: November 25, 2007 08:10 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

The correct WWI belt was black as was all the leather equipment except the boots and captured equipment.
You can disassemble the belt and paint the interior, the rough side, black then reassemble the belt with the black rough side out. Now it will look more authentic than the original brown pebbled exterior.

And don't worrry the putees look very good. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kepi
Posted: November 26, 2007 06:30 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

To learn how to wrap the puttees please see the information on this site...
http://www.hardscrabblefarm.com/80th/putting_on_puttees.htm

You may note that Romanian army puttees were not rectangular but they were cut a little bit curved. So you must put the puttees with the convex part up wards, in order to fit closely on the calf of the leg.
An infantryman could have the most unpleasant feeling when his puttees unwrap during a march or in front line, because of a bad putting. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: November 26, 2007 12:22 pm
Quote Post

Many thanks, Kepi!
21 inf
Posted: December 01, 2007 10:23 am
Quote Post

For the first time, I was dressed in my uniform in public, during the celebration of 1st of December in Oradea.

The reaction of the public was great, they apreciated very much the look of the uniform and the initiative.

Large number of retired oficers offered their suport in the future for our reenactment group, after they see today the uniform in public.

Thanks again to Kepi and the guys from R6DG who suported me in diferent ways.
Dénes
Posted: December 01, 2007 11:04 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Can we see some pictures?

Gen. Dénes
21 inf
Posted: December 01, 2007 11:34 am
Quote Post

Of course! One can see what a number of televisions filmed at the event, the images will be probably presented to the public this evening.

As about a picture, one of the uniform it is posted above on this tpoic.
21 inf
Posted: April 12, 2008 11:07 am
Quote Post

Gentlemen, I'm very glad to present the members of 3rd "Avram Iancu" Infantry Regiment, the reenactment group from Oradea.

I'd like to express our gratitude to all those enthusiastic gentlemen who helped us to reach this point of having the uniforms and training oportunities. Being so many people involved in our suport, I'll mention no name, being afraid of not to hurt one by omitting someone. For all those who help and suported us, a warm "Thank you!"

So, here we are:

user posted image

21 inf
Posted: April 12, 2008 11:23 am
Quote Post

user posted image

This post has been edited by 21 inf on April 12, 2008 11:26 am
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0383 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]