Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Hungary's attitude toward Trianon
Chandernagore
Posted: July 29, 2004 11:07 am
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 106

Why are you trying to portray everything in black and white and make the Entente look like the big bad wolf and the Central Powers like the innocent lamb?

? I never stated such a thing. We were not even talking about the war but about the treaties.

However I strongly believe that the men responsible for the make up of the post-18 treaties insulted the sacrifice of countless soldiers from all nations and were the biggest bunch of irresponsible a......s that Europe ever witnessed. The treaties they set up have become scholar textbook examples of what you must avoid to do after winning a war if you want to win the peace. That's about the only service they gave to this continent. God forgive them.

Mmm as I said , those were the times... biggrin.gif
PM
Imperialist
Posted: October 19, 2005 08:58 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Group: Members
Member No.: 499

QUOTE (Chandernagore @ Jul 29 2004, 11:07 AM)
However I strongly believe that the men responsible for the make up of the post-18 treaties insulted the sacrifice of countless soldiers from all nations and were the biggest bunch of irresponsible a......s that Europe ever witnessed. The treaties they set up have become scholar textbook examples of what you must avoid to do after winning a war if you want to win the peace. That's about the only service they gave to this continent. God forgive them.

The problem was not with the treaties, but with the evolving inability (or unwillingness) to maintain those treaties and the system which was built on them.
The idea of your post is exactly the idea that permeated the interwar period and lead to countless concessions for Germany. For me at this late hour its unclear what came first, the idea that lead to the inability, or the inability which facilitated the adoption of the "excuse-idea".
However, if you would look at the post 1945 structure, from the point of view of the changes adopted in the 1918 treaties, you'd see that in large part the same provisions were maintained. And maintained in the case of some countries for double or more than the 20 years of the interwar period.

--------------------
I
PM
Valium
Posted: April 18, 2011 09:22 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 3047

I'd say hungarian nation was too small, comparing with it's ambitions. Hungary was not alone in east europe, which was not 100% entitled over their teritory. The three empires of the areea(habsbourgh, otoman, russian), left many romanian, slovak, serb, bulgarian, albanian..."spots", living among other nation than their own, many of these spots being many times treated worst than hungarians(asimilation, persecution...). the so called "over-rights" of hungarians, comparing with others, just because the others didn't had their own state before 20, 19, or 18 century, or were vessels, are ridiculous.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.1099 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]