Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Info on pilot Florea Virgil Chifulescu
Barbosu
Posted: January 08, 2005 10:30 am
Quote Post

Sergent

Group: Members
Member No.: 438

1. That is what I'll do, thanks C-2. I will look for Mr. Tulea. ANYBODY has contact information for SORIN TULEA?

2. GEN Denes,

Only you can help me: could you please post me what you have on Chifulescu Florea (or Florin or Ion)? As I posted earlier in this topic, I strongly believe that there was only one Chifulescu pilot for AAR.

As from the information I have now (from you, Victor, Sorin Tulea's book and others), I can put together this career:

Chifulescu Florea Virgil

1925 - pilot license no. 423/1 August 1925 - source Victor (from Dan Antoniu)
1928-1932 - plutonier av. - source Denes
1936 - adj. sef av., flight instructor at "Mircea Cantacuzino" school - source Sorin Tulea
1940 - ? (rank), Escadrila 73, First Bomber Flotila - source Sorin Tulea
1943, March - of. ech. av.; JRS-79B1 - accident? - source Denes
1944, Jan - of. ech. av.; JU 88 - accident? - source Denes
1947 - pilot to the Ministers Council's Presidency; politicaly arrested by communists. - source family and Cicerone Ionitoiu's dictionary of communism victims.
60's - liberated from the communist prisons - family sources

Barbosu

This post has been edited by Barbosu on January 08, 2005 10:32 am
PMEmail Poster
Barbosu
Posted: January 08, 2005 11:28 am
Quote Post

Sergent

Thanks for changing the title, admins.
PMEmail Poster
C-2
Posted: January 08, 2005 07:29 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

I can talk with Tulea..
Only he doesn't hear well...
I asked Dragos Stinghe,and he said there was a Chifulescu at the "Statul Major A Aviatiei" after 45, and he was in a scandal involved ,only that those days nobody knew much.
PMUsers Website
Barbosu
Posted: January 08, 2005 11:26 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

C-2, please tell Mr. Tulea that I am the nephew of Chifulescu Virgil, his trainer, and I want to meet him if he is so kind to accept.

As for Mr Dragos Stinghe, please ask him if he remembers anything else about Chifulescu I would be much obliged if he would share with me this memories.

The scandal he remembers could be related to the conspiracy of Tamadau, when the liders of PNT were arrested. Chifulescu was arrested too.

Please give me a sign after you speak with Mr. Tulea.

Many thanks,
Barbosu
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: January 09, 2005 05:44 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Sorry, Barbosu, for the late reply to your request, but I was - and still am - very busy with a project.

Here is the detailed info on Chifulescu I have in my ARR accident database:

Date Type Nr. Unit Crew Place Cause Notes Source
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct-1928 Nieuport+ plut. Florin Chifulescu Pipera a/f acc. av. intrat vrie la 600 m, pilotul sarit cu parasuta

May-1931 DH-60 Moth+ plut. Florea Chifulescu, (pasager mort)+ Baneasa a/f acc. Av. intrat in vrie la joasa inaltime, cazut

Nov-1932 ?+ plut. Florea Chifulescu Herastrau acc. sarit cu parasuta [Lloyd’s Accidents via V. Smith ]

Mar-1943 Savoia JRS-79B1 Comisia supraveghere Uzina IAR pil. of. echip. Florea Chifulescu Popesti-Leordeni aer. acc. [Arhive 2004]

Jan-1944 Ju 88A+ Gr. 5 bomb. Esc. 77 bomb. of.ech.III pil. Ion Chifulescu, slt.obs. Gh. Mazilu, smstr.2 rtg. Marin Paun, serg.mitr. Alex. Vicol Petrovskoje NW aca Alta data ian. 27. Cal. mic, ambele mot. gripate, AF 45 km de front, toti OK [JurnOp StMA]

So, apparently he had an eventful pilot's career.

I hope the above information help your research on your relative.

Gen. Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Barbosu
Posted: January 09, 2005 07:02 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Thank you gen Denes!!! I waited those info with great interest as I was sure they will be very important.

The accident with Savoya confirmed me another story from the family saying that he was the test pilot for this tipe of plane in Romania and (or) also brought them from Italy. (Savoya were brought by air or assembled at IAR?).

I will try to find the accident in the newspapers of those times, maybe some photos.

Arhive 2004 - it's a magazine? or Arhivele from Pitesti?

JurnOp StMA - Jurnalul operativ Statul Major al Aerului?

Thanks again and I'll be happy if you will find any other info, of course, when you wll have the time.

Barbosu
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: January 09, 2005 07:14 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Barbosu @ Jan 10 2005, 01:02 AM)
Arhive 2004 - it's a magazine? or Arhivele from Pitesti?

JurnOp StMA - Jurnalul operativ Statul Major al Aerului?

Yes, 'Arhiva' is the Military Archive and JurnOp StMA is the Air Force's Headquarters' Combat Diary.

I will try to find the accident in the newspapers of those times, maybe some photos.

Yes, please do so and keep us informed of what you've found.

I am afraid the above information is all I have readily available.

Gen. Dénes

Barbosu
Posted: January 09, 2005 07:32 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

1. Are the Military Archives easily to study, at Pitesti?

It is in my intention to make a trip there (next month I hope).

I have my grandfather (infantery lt) and two of his brothers (tanks and artilery if I remember well) to look for as well as another uncle, apparently decorated with Mihai Viteazul, from the cavalery.

2. Did anyone try some military libraies from Bucharest? Like the one from Casa Cenrala a Armatei (Army Central Club)?

3. If anyone can point me to any source I will search for items interesting you too, not only for my uncle.

As I told you, I'll go search some collections of newspapers. I hope that will be this week.
So, if you want me to search a subject please feel free to ask me.

Barbosu

PMEmail Poster
C-2
Posted: January 09, 2005 07:39 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Tulea is baring living.
I don't think he'll met even me(recomanded by his best friend-Dan Stoian).
But I'll try to call him.
PMUsers Website
Victor
Posted: January 09, 2005 07:40 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Barbosu @ Jan 9 2005, 09:32 PM)
another uncle, apparently decorated with Mihai Viteazul, from the cavalery.

What was his name?
C-2
Posted: January 09, 2005 07:47 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Stinghe just called and said that Chifulescu was testing twin eangine airplanes at IAR barasov ,together with Dudu Frim.
PMUsers Website
Barbosu
Posted: January 09, 2005 08:35 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Thanks C-2. Maybe the memory of the Chifulescu that he apparently respected very much (as I understand from his book) will make TULEA see me. I am a discreet and respectful person and I will not "shake" him very hard.

And Victor, about the medals:

1. MOISESCU ION - was (I am not sure yet) Cavalery Colonel and apparently decorated with "Mihai Viteazu". I must find the medal and brevet at my parents home. He also was detained as political prisoner by the communists.

In fact the majority of the good military officers Romania had were persecuted by communists as they pushed up their men of a less value.

2. Lt. CHIFULESCU MIRCEA (my grandfather) - Knight of the Crown of Romania Order with military virtue ribbon (Ordinul Coroana Romaniei in grad de cavaler cu spade si panglica de virtute militara) (Brevet signed by King Michael on 10 June 1945)
He was a lt. in Reg. 31 Dorobanti and received this medal for front deeds "against german-hungarian forces". He also has a Steaua Romaniei but I have no details yet.

Barbosu

This post has been edited by Barbosu on January 11, 2005 05:09 pm
PMEmail Poster
Victor
Posted: January 09, 2005 08:59 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (Barbosu @ Jan 9 2005, 10:35 PM)
And Victor, about the medals:

1. MOISESCU ION - was (I am not sure yet) Cavalery Colonel and apparently decorated with "Mihai Viteazu". I must find the medal and brevet at my parents home. He also was detained as political prisoner by the communists

Maj. Ioan Moisescu, from the 94th Infantry Regiment, was awarded the Mihai Viteazul Order with swords 3rd class for the actions during the crossing of the Tsiza River in late 1944, by Royal Decree No. 506/21 February 1945. He wasn't in the cavalry then, but in the 19th Infantry Division.
Barbosu
Posted: January 09, 2005 09:45 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Thanks Victor.

I forgot to look on the list of braves decorated with Mihai Viteazu, from your site. It seems you have the text of the brevet also, explaining the deeds of the officer awarded.

But was there ever a detailed description of the deeds awarded? I mean for every officer awarded were there some documents describing the situation he faced and in detail?

OK, Moisescu or, let's say Cantacuzino, because this is a ARR forum, was rewarded with Mihai Viteazu medal. Can we know what he did for that except of brief description on the brevet of decoration?

Maybe on the Day Order (Ordinul de zi) of his unit?

Barbosu
PMEmail Poster
Victor
Posted: January 10, 2005 07:12 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

The motives are listed in each proposal for award by the superior commander of the officer. They are also listed on the award license itself. Sometimes, the full text is also published in the Monitorul Oficial, but that was the case for 1941-42. Already in 1944-45, only a sentence that explained the actions was published in the MO.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0384 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]