Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Geto-Dacul for Moderator !

Do you want Geto-Dacul to become moderator ?
Yes, I want Geto-Dacul as a forum moderator. [ 10 ]  [0.00%]
No, I don't want Geto-Dacul involved in forum's administration. [ 9 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 19

dragos
Posted on October 09, 2003 03:51 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

This is the first election for a moderator position on this forum, and I find appropriate that the other forum members shall have a word in this matter. Members will have to vote for or against this promotion. Poll will be closed in one week.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Geto-Dacul
Posted on October 09, 2003 04:03 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

I'm honored by marshal Dragos's proposition to elevate me at the rank of moderator!
From the beginnings of this forum, I largely contributed in helping/informing people on various subjects regarding Romanian participation in WW2, militaria etc. I love those subjects and I respect every member that does the same toward me.

I'm wayting your votes.

Best regards to everyone! smile.gif

Geto-Dacul
PMUsers Website
Florin
Posted on October 09, 2003 11:28 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 17

Hi,

I think before the remaining 111 guys will cast their vote, it is good to know what a moderator is supposed to do in this forum.

Maybe this is mentioned somewhere as "Forum rules", and I simply did not read it yet.

I am confident that a brief clarifying of the atributes of a moderator will ease people to vote.
Vivat Schwartzeneger :!:
I always liked the guy.

Regards,
Florin
PM
inahurry
Posted on October 10, 2003 12:04 am
Quote Post

Sergent
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 61

Moderators carry a big stick. That's all we need to know.... :roll:

Schwartzy the Austrian, married with a Kennedy clan woman, governing the soon to be Spanish California. Hollywood drools!. OOps, rules!

Closer to home. Now we have the other "referendum" extended to October 18 too. I hope the ones who are in favor (and thus go to vote) will be encouraged to vote twice. Why not have a full month for voting at the referendum anyway, not to mention we could borrow some tourists to get the 50% needed voting presence. And I was making fun of the Californians, poor me.
PM
Florin
Posted on October 10, 2003 03:13 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 17

Schwartzy the Austrian, married with a Kennedy clan woman, governing the soon to be Spanish California.........

Hi Inahurry,

In your profile no location is mentioned, but this doesn't matter.
I dare to guess that you live in California.
By extension, you live in the United States.
If so, I think you are already aware about how difficult is for a foreigner to build a successful career here.
Schwartzy did it, and that is one reason to be on his side. He is to be preferred compared to the other 2 main counter-candidates.
(Oh, yes, I have to accept that I liked a lot of his movies even from the days I lived in Romania. But not all of them.)

Florin
PM
inahurry
Posted on October 10, 2003 08:08 pm
Quote Post

Sergent
Group Icon

Florin,

No, I live in Bucuresti. I will add that to my profile.

I like Schwartzy too. I know only about the former governor not sure who the 3rd candidate was. I have no idea what can Arnold do as a politician. But I will post 2 links to 2 very different views about him.

Going to find the links.
PM
inahurry
Posted on October 10, 2003 08:23 pm
Quote Post

Sergent
Group Icon

Here they are :

http://reese.king-online.com/Reese_20030811/index.php

http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cf...=10&ItemID=4300

I liked the first smile.gif , maybe because I like the way the commentator writes in general.
PM
Victor
Posted on October 10, 2003 09:17 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

I voted no, because I would prefer to have a more balanced moderator. Geto-Dacul is in my opinion is leaning too much in one direction. Anyway, the forum does not enjoy so much traffic in order to have 3 moderators.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
inahurry
Posted on October 10, 2003 09:24 pm
Quote Post

Sergent
Group Icon

Victor,

Then alternate Getu, if he's voted with Denes (when he becomes a General and if he is voted too). Also, I doubt Getu will contest yours or Dragos' generalissimos privilleged position, but I understand you made a promise, am I wrong?
PM
Victor
Posted on October 10, 2003 09:27 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

It was Dragos who made the promise. I actually have no idea on how to make a moderator, so it's up to him. I know I can create special ranks (see C-2), but how to actually give some priveleges to that rank is unknown to me.
Geto-Dacul
Posted on October 10, 2003 11:58 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Victor wrote :

I voted no, because I would prefer to have a more balanced moderator. Geto-Dacul is in my opinion is leaning too much in one direction. Anyway, the forum does not enjoy so much traffic in order to have 3 moderators.

I'm not too surprised of your choice, but I appreciate your sincerity. As a moderator, I cannot overthrow any of you guys, in the administration... We all lean more or less in a direction or another. Even you, Victor, even Inahurry... We all definitely lean in a direction.

So I didn't really get it...

Yours,

Getu'
PMUsers Website
dragos
Posted on October 14, 2003 09:02 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

It was Dragos who made the promise

Actually it was not a promise. It was an idea that once a member reaches rank of general, he could go for moderator.

Anyway, the forum does not enjoy so much traffic in order to have 3 moderators.

I don't know how about Victor, but I don't have the time to visit the forum daily. And for begining every moderator will only have assigned one forum to moderate, based on his option / interest.

Also, I doubt Getu will contest yours or Dragos' generalissimos privilleged position

I hope it's not the case. I believe Getu understood how I and Victor view this discussion board.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Der Maresal
Posted on October 14, 2003 07:58 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent
Group Icon

Member No.: 21

I'm honored by marshal Dragos's proposition to elevate me at the rank of moderator!  
From the beginnings of this forum, I largely contributed in helping/informing people on various subjects regarding Romanian participation in WW2, militaria etc. I love those subjects and I respect every member that does the same toward me.

Geto, I believe Victor will have the final say, and I think he consideres you a bit..."too far to the right to be moderator on this forum" biggrin.gif
Your posts are interesting and informative however..

How about somone votes me to be moderator! I now have 100 posts...and I made the largest and longest post in the Romanian Army section, take a look.. laugh.gif

No, forget it- I'm not here everyday and I don't have time to police everyone, - I will have to vote for someone else...
:roll:
PMMSN
Victor
Posted on October 15, 2003 02:03 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

I do not have the final word and will probably have to submit to the majority, but I there have to be IMO at least 30 votes or something. So far there are only 11. I guess a moderating position in the Collector's Corner would be inoffensive and collecting WWII militaria is one of his passions.
Geto-Dacul
Posted on October 15, 2003 06:41 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

There's also a surprising problem with the participation on this forum... 21% of the members don't even have a message of posted. And there are others with less than 10 posts... On, let's say 94 more or less active members on the forum, only 11 voted, that's pretty nasty.
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0584 ]   [ 18 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]