Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Cugir .22 trainig rifle, training rifle
kiwipat
Posted: November 21, 2011 03:58 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 3198

I am a firearms historian and journalist conducting research on the single-shot training rifle generally referred to as the "Cugir" made at Cugir in the 1950's. Little information is available on this interesting rifle and I would appreciate any help with, and direction to where I can find any historical information at all. Thanks.
PMEmail Poster
Cristian
Posted: December 18, 2011 10:07 am
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 415

These single shot training rifles made by Uzina Mecanica Cugir(UMC), were made as training rifles for military units, but also as entry level rifles for the shooting associations.Some were directed to schools for military training of the youth people, as part of the communist policy of homeland defense. A variant with fixed rear sight was intended to equip the hunting guards of the hunting associations as varmint rifles. Those are particulary marked with AGVPSR (or so, i don't remember exactly) the acronym for General ass'n of sporting hunters and anglers of Romania .Generaly the quality of fabrication of those rifles was outstanding. It was replaced by the UMC model 69, a repeater with the same destinations but also sold to hunters as personal weapons, in 22LR, 22WMR and 22 Hornet calibers
Usualy there is no written info about romanian guns, UMC plant was under military control and everything was considered classified there biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
Cristian
Posted: December 18, 2011 10:40 am
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 415

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Two .22LR single shot trainers made 1951 and 1956, along with a 22WMR model 69,1990 made
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0194 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]