Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> A new aviation book
alexkdl
Posted: February 06, 2005 03:42 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 373

Fratello , very interesting book ...but how bad we cant buy it ! Also, can you post the requested crew liste of the Jandarmerie as you didnt respond me yet

Thanks
Alex
PM
Ruy Aballe
Posted: February 06, 2005 05:57 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Group: Members
Member No.: 247

Thank you very much Fratello! I must find a way of getting the book, now that you've increased my interest.
I will ask a Romanian friend to find it for me, but I am afraid she will have some difficulties while trying to locate a copy. I will provide her with the directions you gave us, namely that bookshop at Unirea Shoping Center. However, I think she can search for it at other bookshops in the center of Bucharest.
What about the publisher? Maybe it is possible to order the book directly from them.
If you don't mind, I will send her the scan of the cover as a further aid. Let's hope she can find one!
Cheers,

Ruy
PM
Fratello
Posted: February 07, 2005 06:33 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 475

Fratello , very interesting book ...but how bad we cant buy it ! Also, can you post the requested crew liste of the Jandarmerie as you didnt respond me yet

Thanks
Alex

I think is not so impossible to get this book. And about your request crew liste of the Jandarmerie I dind't forget you and I tell you again: "Send me a private message!".
PMEmail Poster
Fratello
Posted: February 07, 2005 06:44 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Thank you very much Fratello! I must find a way of getting the book, now that you've increased my interest.
I will ask a Romanian friend to find it for me, but I am afraid she will have some difficulties while trying to locate a copy. I will provide her with the directions you gave us, namely that bookshop at Unirea Shoping Center. However, I think she can search for it at other bookshops in the center of Bucharest.
What about the publisher? Maybe it is possible to order the book directly from them.
If you don't mind, I will send her the scan of the cover as a further aid. Let's hope she can find one!
Cheers,

Ruy

Any time my friend. I found this book accidentally and I didn't know about it until I had found at that bookshop...and I'm also sure that is not the only book in the market. If I find this book in another place I'll inform you.
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: February 07, 2005 08:56 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

It's interesting to note that Lt. Peter Petersen (not Peterson), see photo on p. 198, was born in Pueblo, Mexico! He died on 21.05.1943 North of Galati, and currently rests in the "Pro Patria" cemetery, in Bucharest (Block F, Reihe 2, Grab 25).

Not long ago, I had some lively discussion about his nationality, with people who suggested that he was, in fact, Mexican, based on his place of birth. I tried, in vain, to explain to them that nationality and citizenship are not necessarily the same (for the topic, see thread on Nationality).

Gen. Dénes

P.S. A personal thought: it's peculiar for me (but nonetheless very welcomed) to see the Germans being labelled as "comrades-in-arms" by a renowned professional Rumanian historian, after officially being hammered in us for so so many years (and occasionally even today) that they were Fascists, Nazis, Hitlerites, etc...
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Dénes
Posted: February 07, 2005 10:20 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Further to what I wrote above in the post scriptum, I remember the moment when I compiled the photo legends for my 'Rumanian Air Force. The Prime Decade' book.
On page 10, top, I included the same photo prof. Avram displayed on the rear cover of his book, depicting ARR Cpt. Serbanescu and Luftwaffe Lt. Neuböck linking arms. The legend states:
ARR and Luftwaffe airmen enjoyed warm relationships with each other during their common war on the Eastern Front. This relationship lasted up to Rumania's about-face of 23 August 1944.

I remember having serious concerns of clearly stating the above - based on what Rumanian airmen personally told me - which was rather uncommon in the 1990s, when the 'hitlerites, fascists, nazis' labels were still very much the norm in Rumanian history books. This could have been easily used against me by persons who did not like me and what I do in regards of the history of aviation. That's why is a revelation for me to see the change in language, as displayed in prof. Avram's latest book.

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on February 07, 2005 10:21 pm
Aleks
Posted: February 07, 2005 10:41 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 496

Hi Fratello,

I’ll be free to ask you just one question considering mentioned book. Is there any notice about Luftwaffe units, activities, claims or losses prior and during campaign against Yugoslav Kingdom in April 1941? Maybe there is some operational photo in the book from mentioned period?
As you may guess Romanian language is a “bit” of problem for me.
Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,
Aleks
PMEmail Poster
Fratello
Posted: February 08, 2005 09:31 am
Quote Post

Locotenent

Hi Fratello,

I’ll be free to ask you just one question considering mentioned book. Is there any notice about Luftwaffe units, activities, claims or losses prior and during campaign against Yugoslav Kingdom in April 1941? Maybe there is some operational photo in the book from mentioned period?
As you may guess Romanian language is a “bit” of problem for me.
Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,
Aleks

Really, I didn't find any notice about Luftwaffe units, activities, claims or losses prior and during campaign against Yugoslav Kingdom in April 1941 in this book.
PMEmail Poster
Fratello
Posted: February 09, 2005 07:53 am
Quote Post

Locotenent

VERY IMPORTANT

To order this book you can call also to the Editura Comunicator IMPEX
Phone number: 0040-21-336.68.27; 0040-21-336.49.68; 0040-21-336.49.69.
Mobile: 0744.302.199; 0742.482.124
Fax: 0040-21-336.48.72.; O.P.4 C.P. 12.
PMEmail Poster
MaxFax
Posted: February 09, 2005 01:27 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 7

The first 2 numbers are wrong !!
The mobile-phone number is good.
The right phone number is: 021/3223691
Ask please about Miss Florentina Chivu.
Readers outside Bucuresti can order COD the book.
PM
Fratello
Posted: February 10, 2005 08:44 am
Quote Post

Locotenent

The first 2 numbers are wrong !!
The mobile-phone number is good.
The right phone number is: 021/3223691
Ask please about Miss Florentina Chivu.
Readers outside Bucuresti can order COD the book

This numbers are from the book's 2nd page. I didn't know that the first 2 numbers are wrong. Thanks any way for additional information, MaxFax.
PMEmail Poster
MaxFax
Posted: February 10, 2005 12:49 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 7

You're welcome "mio fratello" ! smile.gif

The book can be ordered also by fax: 021-336.48.72. (the number is ok)
In att. of Florentina Chivu of course !
PM
Fratello
Posted: February 10, 2005 09:42 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

You're welcome "mio fratello" ! 

The book can be ordered also by fax: 021-336.48.72. (the number is ok)
In att. of Florentina Chivu of course !

Thanks again MaxFax, "mio fratello" too.
PMEmail Poster
Victor
Posted: February 13, 2005 07:43 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Well, I finally managed to find the store (thanks for the directions Fratello). It was a Diverta store. Unfortunately they didn't have it anymore. I checked the Diverta site and it seems they don't have it available for online offers either.

Look here: http://www.dol.ro/produse/CAR4194C3AB240CC...m%20Valeriu.htm

Maybe they will renew the stock if there is demand. They also ship overseas.
Dénes
Posted: February 13, 2005 07:54 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Interestingly, the site gives Roata as the book's publishing house, not Comunicator, as it's displayed on the front cover.

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on February 13, 2005 07:54 pm
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0462 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]