Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> WW2 uniforms,medals,helmets ect...
C-2
Posted: September 09, 2003 07:37 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

Today,when I came back to my car I found a lock on my wheel..
So I went by foot and found in the center of Bucharest a small shop of dif.army artifacts:some medals,helmets,baionets,a pair of cavalery boots,a waffen ss helmet in perfect cond.
There was also on a manechine a "mantie"of "Mihai Viteazul".but the uniform under it was a comunist one....
Str Academiei 35-37 if someone is interested.
PMUsers Website
Geto-Dacul
Posted: September 09, 2003 09:08 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

sad.gif I'm thousand of kilometers from there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PMUsers Website
cuski
Posted: September 09, 2003 09:24 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 85

sad.gif  I'm thousand of kilometers from there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You probably mean at least ten-thousand :wink:

Any idea how much the helmet was?
PM
C-2
Posted: September 11, 2003 06:59 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Here you have the E mail of that shop:
galnum@pcnet.ro
draculascoin@hotmail.com
PMUsers Website
C-2
Posted: September 11, 2003 07:06 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

cuski-I bought 5 years ago a german ww2 helmet in perfect condition with about 100$.
Only that one is in even better condition and has camuflaje over the metal part.
PMUsers Website
Geto-Dacul
Posted: September 11, 2003 10:58 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Ahhhh....... That old galnum!!! Maybe he wants 3000 Euro on the helmet?! laugh.gif
PMUsers Website
cuski
Posted: September 12, 2003 04:47 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 85

cuski-I bought 5 years ago a german ww2 helmet in perfect condition with about 100$.
Only that one is in even better condition and has camuflaje over the metal part.

Sounds good, I'll send him a message see how much he wants for it. Thanks smile.gif
PM
C-2
Posted: September 12, 2003 09:18 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Another place in Bucharest were you can find dif.army artifacts is at"Hanul Cu Tei" in Lipscani.
There are always a few helmets,daggers,swords,medals,gas masks etc.there for sale and in general prices are not so high.
Unfortumatly I don't think they have a e mail ad.I'll check it anyway...
PMUsers Website
sturmann
Posted: September 12, 2003 11:23 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 73

I bought today a german helmet for 65 euro....It even have an original decal under the paint...a golden one (kriegsmarine)...or it can be a heer one but aged...And some kind of camo paint.
PM
sturmann
Posted: September 12, 2003 11:25 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

At Hanul cu Tei the german helmets are junk. I saw one with very good liner but repainted (bad) and with fake decals for 300 USD...a piece of junk.
PM
C-2
Posted: September 13, 2003 10:48 am
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Not trying to do advertisment to "Hanul" but the helmet I bought there is in very goog cond.Also the baionets.
I saw a feew times pieses of junk but I never asked the price.
They asking 300 and if it won't be sold in a year ,they'll try to sell it with30.....
PMUsers Website
sturmann
Posted: September 16, 2003 11:12 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

I kno C2 i never thought you triy to advertise .
I know that shop at Hanul cu Tei and they have nice medals there.
I just wanted to say that the helmets are junk and very expensive.
At the Academiei shop they have just some police helmets, only the shell without liner for 300 usd wich is an exagerated price , I could buy one just like that but complete for something around 35-100 euro:)
PM
Geto-Dacul
Posted: September 17, 2003 10:34 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

I remember some two years ago seeing in an antique shop of Bucharest (don't remember the address, but I know that it was on Magheru Blv.) a beautiful statuette of a Romanian soldier standing strait with his rifle and having a Dutch helmet, still having some green paint on it... I was with my mother back then and when she saw the awfull price of 20 million Lei... sad.gif

It was surely made by Romanian WW2 artist... The soldier was with winter equipment... Maybe the Romanian rifle man of Stalingrad. It was beautiful, historical and decorative. I regret that I couldn't buy it. :cry:
PMUsers Website
Florin
Posted: October 03, 2003 05:10 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 17

... I ... found in the center of Bucharest a small shop of dif.army artifacts:some medals,helmets,baionets,a pair of cavalery boots,a waffen ss helmet in perfect cond.

Hi,

All my childhood, since the first days when I became aware of the surrounding world, my grandparents' dogs (one at a time) were drinking their water from a German helmet.
I had in mind the same image, regardless of year or age: the rusty helmet, always rusty, but never punched in depth by the rust. It was like "painted" by rust in brown.

Florin
PM
C-2
Posted: October 05, 2003 08:29 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Talking on "Western Front" about Von Killinger,in 97 I met a retaired dental tehnician who worked at Elias hospital who was selling with1000$!!!!!!yes one thousend uSD a 12 calibre huntind rille made by FN for Von Killinger,with a dedication and in perfect condition!
Only that I didn't had that day the money...
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0372 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]