Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ana Pauker, Bad things
MMM
Posted: January 26, 2009 04:39 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2323

Sure, Kevin! No doubt about it! Still, let's get back to Red Annie and her avatars, ok? To end the dispute (hopefully): it was no anti-semitism intended in my posts, altough her "Jewishness" was also blamed for her negative image in history, starting w/ her demise in 1952. And perhaps her Jewish ascendance in a very poor family had something to do w/ her later behaviour: feeling a paria from the childhood, she may have tried to over-compensate also by trying to destroy the very society that rejected her. But that's a possible approach for a psychologist - which I am not! ph34r.gif

[edited by admin]

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
MMM
Posted: January 26, 2009 04:42 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

to practice your English language construction more

What was the problem w/ that? What faults did you notice?

--------------------
M
MMM
Posted: January 27, 2009 12:50 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

statements or comments

that is incorrect

Perhaps this would be a great example of who should verify their English knowledge: the according of the verb w/ the noun, ok?
I mean statements and comments are incorrect, see?

--------------------
M
dead-cat
Posted: January 27, 2009 01:20 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 99

gentlemen, shall spellchecking each other, really be the focus of the discussions on this forum?

and yes, i found the comment on her jewish origins superfluous too.
PMYahoo
MMM
  Posted: January 27, 2009 01:33 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Well, no, not really... (about spell-checking, that is). About the Jewish origin, two things:
1. It was important to mention it only in the context of the three "faults" above-mentioned: she was woman, intellectual, jew.
2. I am beginning to regret I mentioned her origin. But I still do not think I broke some kind of tabu or unspoken rule of the forum. To "lower" the discussion, Hitler's real name was Schicklgruber and Himmler was supposed to also have a grandmother (Sarah) of jew origin - so, the great two german killers could have had some jew blood in them as well. This is, however, off-topic. huh.gif

--------------------
M
Victor
Posted: January 27, 2009 02:15 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

MMM,

There is no need to get personal with your remarks or to overreact and spam the entire thread afterwards. Furthermore, when referring to people try to use their names. Terms like "Red Annie" are not really suited for a serious discussion.

I will say this one more time: this is not a chat room.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0570 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]