Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (6) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Political assassination attempts in Romania
LupulDac
Posted: February 22, 2009 03:47 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 2397

QUOTE (MMM @ February 21, 2009 05:05 pm)
Somehow, both dragoş and Imperialist are right. But the legionars' movement was condemned by history and this forum seems to allocate too much space to that. It seems there are too many nostalgic forumists in here - hopefully, not extremists, as well! I told you I had my share of extremists singing crappy songs like "Legiunea, căpitanul şi arhanghelii de fier" or whatever its name was wih every occasion the drank a glass too much (which was quite often, and maybe not a glass, but a bottle biggrin.gif ), so I'd like to focus more on political assasination than on Codreanu's past and present adepts.

first of all..."legiunea arhanghelului mihail" was NOT an extremist movement, they weren't set to pogrom jews and gypsies...all they wanted was that true romanian people had first option to everything concerning their country...like jobs, education, and many other things like that...if the foreigners don't like it...they can go back to where they came from, and work there and putting my fellow romanians on the street.

true fact: each year, 3 romanian students can't go to college because 3 spots are reserved for gypsies....why do they have to be 3 special spots for them...if they learn as good and are able to go to college along side romanians without these 3 discriminatory spots...fine......the problem is....they can't and so end up to be our leaders and are intellectuals with minimum grades...i'm not the one discriminating...the ministry of education is discriminating against our own people.

The legionnaires came to power in 14 September 1940 through the proclamation of the Nationalist-Legionaire State...and what happened then...did anything "hitleresc" happen? where there jews burnt and killed for no reason? ....you know what happened...the big self-promoted Marshal Ion Antonescu, betrayed them once he was powerful enough....why do i say betrayed because he needed them to get powerful because nobody else wanted to support him.

The "green shirts" suffered a lot , from mockings, lies, betrayels all throughout their original history and i have nothing but respect for them for not giving up in what they believed in...shows that there was something there worth fighting for.
And even though they killed a few people, if they hadn't those people would've killed them anyway themselves...because they where true not selfcentered and would have messed up their wealth and power... and oh no they wouldn't want that to happen , what about their lavish parties and propaganda with money stolen from the state funds.

Let me ask you something why does a king need a castle? is it not for show? his whole leadearship skill are based on a bunch of bricks and mortar.........those castles were built from public funds...funds that could've helped improve the lifestyle in romania....***

Until some of you people are a bit open-minded and see what's around you and get your noses out of history books from school ...(which by the way should be subjcetive and have all the information necessary but don't) then maybe we can talk

Traiasca Legiunea si Capitanul, Traiasca Romania

Slanderous remarks deleted by admin

This post has been edited by dragos on February 22, 2009 07:42 pm
PMEmail Poster
MMM
Posted: February 22, 2009 03:49 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 2323

where there jews burnt and killed for no reason?

Trenul morţii?
Pogromul de la Iaşi?
Cel de la Dorohoi?
Take some books, kid! THEN, get smarter!

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
MMM
Posted: February 22, 2009 04:03 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

probably deserved to die

Look who's the judge now...
We probably don't deserve to live in the same country with you, either, you courageus little anonymous! Let alone exchange oppinions on this forum.

--------------------
M
LupulDac
Posted: February 22, 2009 04:08 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

QUOTE (Radub @ February 22, 2009 03:15 pm)
QUOTE (LupulDac @ February 22, 2009 02:54 pm)
we are known all over the world for being thieves, that we run away from our country to work somwhere else...

No, we are not know for that. Not by everyone. A certain part of society want to deptict Romanians as that, but the majority of the population do not see Romanians like that.
I have been living abroad for many years. I know.

The worrying thing is that the particular section of the society that denigrate the Romanians and demand "action" against them, do so from a position of, to quote you, "camaradery and equality between people, higher than the likes of brotherhood, a school of the mind, where you learn to become organized, love those around you, respect and honor your native land, history and people who fought for and protected this land, love for country and people, national identity"

You see, the problem that most people have with this frame of mind is that although these may be "honourable" and "decent" ideals, they apply only to a selected few, an inner circle. If you are not one of "them", then you are beneth them and not worthy. If you were a Jew or a Gypsy you could not join the Legion. In fact, the Legion did a lot more to these people than just deny them access. This may be called, xenophobia, racism etc.

These are the reasons why the Legion was regarded as a "failed" movement. They were a product of their times. Same happened in Germany, Italy, Hungary, etc. The concept was tried, it failed, and the world moved on.

Radu

it was a failed movement because it wasn't as propagandistic and as commercial as the other regims... they didn't want jews and gypsies in the movement because they don't have the same feel for the country , this land and it's people as the most of us do ( it's sad that many don't ).....and as well many romanians weren't allowed in because they were after personal gain from this...and this is not acceptable...the legionnaires didn't want money or wealth or properties...they just wanted our land to be our land and the people in it to respect and cherish it for what it is, for it's history, for the fact that the romanians used to be a strong, hardworking, intelligent people...that fact was destroyed by greedy politicians who raped the land and it's potential for personal gain...not thinking of the people that acctualy earnd the right to be there.......like in the 13th to 16th centuries some of the wealthiest people were the soldiers that fought to protect the land. That's what the legionnaire spirit is they want to be left alone in our own country with our own people...

Stop judging them for what they did and think about what they wanted to do.
PMEmail Poster
Radub
Posted: February 22, 2009 04:08 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 476

QUOTE (LupulDac @ February 22, 2009 03:47 pm)
even though they killed a few people,

Say what? ohmy.gif A few? One is too many! blink.gif
Take that Bible that you claim the Legiohn followed and read the "Thou shalt not kill" bit.

You said "legiunea arhanghelului mihail" was NOT an extremist movement, they weren't set to pogrom jews and gypsies...all they wanted was that true romanian people had first option to everything concerning their country...like jobs, education, and many other things like that...if the foreigners don't like it...they can go back to where they came from, and work there and putting my fellow romanians on the street.

THAT IS EXTREMIST! blink.gif

Radu
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
LupulDac
Posted: February 22, 2009 04:14 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

QUOTE (MMM @ February 22, 2009 03:49 pm)
where there jews burnt and killed for no reason?

Trenul morţii?
Pogromul de la Iaşi?
Cel de la Dorohoi?
Take some books, kid! THEN, get smarter!

Read enough to know that it was Ion Antonescu who ordered the cleansing of Iasi...who was NOT, i repeat was NOT a legionnaire ... legionnaires wouldn't have pogromed the jews...they would have just kicked them out...you read a book and see that the legionnaires did not want to kill anybody...

PMEmail Poster
LupulDac
Posted: February 22, 2009 04:21 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

QUOTE (MMM @ February 22, 2009 04:03 pm)
probably deserved to die

Look who's the judge now...
We probably don't deserve to live in the same country with you, either, you courageus little anonymous! Let alone exchange oppinions on this forum.

stop dramatizing...i'm just saying that you are judging from knowledge you have aquired that is not sufficient and accurate...you asked me what are my credentials...ia now writing a book about the legionnary movement......sources: everything you probably read ( or not...and your talking from what you heard from other people) , talked with some of the people in the actual Legionnary senate, read about 80 % of the legionnary written books, as well as some books written against said movement ( this is what i was talking about...looking at the situation from both sides.....not just reading one book about it and that's it i know everything it does not work that way...history lies, history invents.....i made this opinion on my own by reading the pros and cons.....you only read the cons ) these are my credentials on the subject at hand...what are yours?
PMEmail Poster
C-2
Posted: February 22, 2009 04:30 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

LupulDac.

I suggest you calm down with your opinions.

You have to read more.

And remember that this is not an extremist and xenofob forum.
Stick to the rules and you'll be able to stick with us.
PMUsers Website
LupulDac
Posted: February 22, 2009 04:43 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

QUOTE (C-2 @ February 22, 2009 04:30 pm)
LupulDac.

I suggest you calm down with your opinions.

You have to read more.

And remember that this is not an extremist and xenofob forum.
Stick to the rules and you'll be able to stick with us.

i have to read more about what?

i'm calm...i know what i know and i gave all the proof and arguments necessary to respond to everything that was said, i don't agree to how some people react to the legionnary movement and so i responded trying to explain how they thought and why they did certain things

i'm calm...i haven't used any offensive language as far as i know....

it's true i should've been a bit more objective...but that's the beauty of a forum.

and i believe my xenophob beliefs were used as examples to statements, justifying what i said...the rest are transposed words from books which happen to identify with my own opinion.

patriotism isn't the hate for other countries, it's the love for your own...that's what i believe and "preach"...if anything came out otherwise it wasn't entended.

oh and one more thing i'm not looking here to make people believe in what i believe...i don't have to stick with you...these are not my posts' purposes ... you believe in what you want, i don't want to change that...i'm just saying some of you don't know the whole story to it

This post has been edited by LupulDac on February 22, 2009 04:54 pm
PMEmail Poster
Imperialist
Posted: February 22, 2009 05:46 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 499

QUOTE (Radub @ February 22, 2009 04:08 pm)
You said all they wanted was that true romanian people had first option to everything concerning their country...like jobs, education, and many other things like that...if the foreigners don't like it...they can go back to where they came from, and work there and putting my fellow romanians on the street.

THAT IS EXTREMIST! blink.gif

Radu

Extremist? Isn't that one of the main points of the idea of a Romanian national-state - a state made by and for Romanians?

--------------------
I
PM
Imperialist
Posted: February 22, 2009 05:56 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

QUOTE (MMM @ February 21, 2009 05:05 pm)
Somehow, both dragoş and Imperialist are right. But the legionars' movement was condemned by history and this forum seems to allocate too much space to that. It seems there are too many nostalgic forumists in here - hopefully, not extremists, as well! I told you I had my share of extremists singing crappy songs like "Legiunea, căpitanul şi arhanghelii de fier" or whatever its name was wih every occasion the drank a glass too much (which was quite often, and maybe not a glass, but a bottle biggrin.gif ), so I'd like to focus more on political assasination than on Codreanu's past and present adepts.

Well I hope you don't include me in that category of adepts. To me the contemporary legionari looks more like a cult of Codreanu's image and teachings than a coherent and capable political movement.

But I find it amusing that you call that extremism. What, a bunch of guys singing legionare songs over a pint of beer? Come on. I'd be more worried about being stabbed in the back in a night club or in some ally by the members of a gypsy clan than by sharing a pub with a bunch of legionari.

--------------------
I
PM
LupulDac
Posted: February 22, 2009 06:13 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

true the legionnaires aren't a capable political movement...because they don't intend to be.

There's nothing wrong in singing a few songs now and again...but those who did it in a bar don't fully respect the concept...those songs are for the ears of those who understand and trully feel the songs meaning.........those guys were just showing off and being jerks....i hate public display.....neo-legionnaires aren't show-offs...they're discreet, humble and don't rub it in other peoples faces...the guys that did that in a bar...being drunk ( legionnaires are against beeing drunk out of your wits because you might say things about the movement that other people might interpret that they are a group of drunken nazi-punks ...which is totally wrong.......if you see those guys again...tell them what i've just told you...you'll see they haven't the slightest ideea about being a true "green shirt".

Now the thing about the Codreanu cult is like this... he is a spiritual leader.....a sort of i don't know...the dallai lama for legionnaires ( i know the comparrison is paradoxal but you know what i mean) ........ they respect the word and history of Codreanu.....and the older members are more than coherent i can tell you that much...what you saw were probably young students and fresh members who haven't had their legionnaire education, about the do's and dont's. I agree with you with the fact they are not a capable political movement...because they don't and won't have political programs for propaganda....they don't want to lead the country they just want good, organized, patriotic people to live in this country.
PMEmail Poster
Radub
Posted: February 22, 2009 07:03 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 476

QUOTE (Imperialist @ February 22, 2009 05:46 pm)

Extremist? Isn't that one of the main points of the idea of a Romanian national-state - a state made by and for Romanians?

Oh yes it is. Very much so! blink.gif
I understand that by a Romanian National State you mean a state for ethnic Romanians only. However, Romania has a very large variety of minorities, some with significant populations. Many of these were born in Romania and are perfectly entitled to a Romanian passport even though they ethnically belong to a certain group such as Tatars, Turks, Jews, Hungarians, Gagauz, Roma Gypsy, Ukrainian, Russian, Moldovan, Armenian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Saxon, Schwabian, Slovak, and so on and so forth.
And this is where the "extremist" bit comes in. A "Romania for Romanians only" means that these minorities need to be assimilated, expelled, or exteminated. All of these are crimes against humanity. It is very unlikely that these minorities will accept any of these options. So, what is the plan then?
"Romania for Romanians only" is extremist! it is incitement to hatred. Such menatlity gave birth to pogroms, concentration/extermination, ethnic cleansing etc. in other places.
Embrace multiculturalism. It looks better than pig-headed nationalism. wink.gif
Radu
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MMM
  Posted: February 22, 2009 07:15 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

a coherent and capable political movement

But, Imperialist, they NEVER were such thing, neither in their glory years til '38 or the four months of 40-41! And I do NOT worry, unless it's about the image projected outside. Remember we are already seen as thieves, violators etc plus the fact that at the Holocaust Museum, we're in a quite grim light (so to say).
I wasn't scared of them - after all, they were my fellow students and I wasn't jew (neither perceived as one biggrin.gif ))

--------------------
M
Imperialist
Posted: February 22, 2009 07:28 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

QUOTE (Radub @ February 22, 2009 07:03 pm)
Oh yes it is. Very much so! blink.gif
I understand that by a Romanian National State you mean a state for ethnic Romanians only.

"Romania for Romanians only" is extremist! it is incitement to hatred. Such menatlity gave birth to pogroms, concentration/extermination, ethnic cleansing etc. in other places.
Embrace multiculturalism. It looks better than pig-headed nationalism. wink.gif
Radu

Well you misunderstood me then. LupulDac did not say Romania for Romanians only. Neither did I. He talked about Romanians having the first options in their own country. He did not say the only options or the entire options. At least that's what I understood and agreed with.

The best way to embrace multiculturalism is by protecting and cherishing your own culture.

What is pig-headed nationalism? huh.gif

--------------------
I
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (6) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0950 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]