Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Dassault Rafale video
AlexC
Posted: February 15, 2006 03:01 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Group: Members
Member No.: 786

http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos.php...434&go=download
If only we had the money to buy this awesome aircraft.
PMEmail Poster
tomcat1974
Posted: February 15, 2006 05:30 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 427

QUOTE (AlexC @ Feb 15 2006, 03:01 PM)
http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos.php...434&go=download
If only we had the money to buy this awesome aircraft.

oh well .... it looks nice... but no ..is not good for us
Most of the modern weapon technologies come from US. If you buy a plane from a different origin, then you have a problem when you want to integrate some diferent weapons.... Neither Grippen is ok for us... the only viable economical solution is US made plane... We are not rich enought to have more than one type of planes...
PMEmail Poster
Iamandi
Posted: February 16, 2006 12:24 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 319

You have right, but Rafale's weapon systems are competitive with american ones, Tomcat. And for Romania's situation are good enough even if they were much under the american performances, because in this region are a lot of old russian fighters who are almost rusty birds.

Iama
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
tomcat1974
Posted: February 16, 2006 02:25 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

yes man... but we have ambition to go in International operations under NATO... Nato and France might not be the best colaboration...was like Romania and WP ..smile.gif
Anyway Rafale problems is that is kind of expensive... and mostly nobody buy it wink.gif

what can I say... any plane will be ok..
PMEmail Poster
Iamandi
Posted: February 16, 2006 03:48 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

I think any second-hand F-16 will be ok... smile.gif

Iama
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
tomcat1974
Posted: February 16, 2006 06:22 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

oh well... yeas that too....
Rafale is what I like ... carrier fighter with 2 engines... MY option would be F18's
our defence model should be Finland...

This post has been edited by tomcat1974 on February 16, 2006 06:25 pm
PMEmail Poster
Iamandi
Posted: February 17, 2006 07:16 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

"Fleuron de la technologie aéronautique française, le Rafale est le premier avion de combat polyvalent puisqu’il réunit plusieurs types d’appareils en un seul, capable aussi bien de missions d’interception et d’interdiction que d’attaque au sol. C’est également le premier appareil à avoir été conçu, dès l’origine, pour opérer aussi bien à partir de la terre que de porte-avions. Le Rafale est actuellement sans équivalent dans le monde. "

Source: http://www.netmarine.net/aero/aeronefs/rafale/index.htm

Yesterday i was on this sit, searching for old bananas Piasecki helicopters in french service, and i looked in the section for Rafale. French are right. Is the most potent and most modern on board of carriers. And will be the one to the momment when US/UK will put on the service their new jet, and even then will be a verry competiotive navy bird. Sukhois...

Iama

PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Iamandi
Posted: February 17, 2006 07:20 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

QUOTE (tomcat1974 @ Feb 16 2006, 06:22 PM)
oh well... yeas that too....
Rafale is what I like ... carrier fighter with 2 engines... MY option would be F18's
our defence model should be Finland...

I don't know much about Finland doctrine for air defence, but i liked the one of Sweden, and i believe we can go for something like they do.

Say some words, please, about defence model of Finland if you want.

Iama
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
tomcat1974
Posted: February 17, 2006 08:26 am
Quote Post

Plutonier

Finland get what ever they need ..and not restricted by the producer of the hardware;)
I was refering to the aquisition policies...
Neutral country defense model might not be what a NATO country need.
PMEmail Poster
PanzerKing
Posted: February 21, 2006 03:50 am
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 29

No matter what plane you get, I don't think Romania has much to fear. You're now a NATO member.
PMUsers WebsiteMSN
Iamandi
Posted: February 21, 2006 07:04 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Yes, you are right PanzerKing, but you feel better if you are stong even if you are part of an alliance. SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM (if you want peace, prepare yourself for war).
Not one alliance resisted for ever. In future, maybe NATO will change his clothes and maybe NATO will disintegrate. Who knows? Maybe in future will be one Europe Alliance, maybe western countryes will confornt with eastern ones (China), maybe... maybe... So, is better to feel yourself powerfull then you may live an unpleasant surprise.
And for our Peace, we need modern and capable weapons, for defence - because is doubt about Romania to be in future one too-interventionist state, or our people to want to ocuppy some neighbours.

Iama

P.S. - Look at the rest of the small brothers of the big powers in the NATO, they try to keep up with theyr reduced possibilityes, and don't sleep with the ideea - "we are in NATO".
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0575 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]