Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Moderator's attitude
Indrid
Posted: March 12, 2005 10:29 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 142

Victor, i find your attitude towards a forum member to be offensive.

what Comrade commisar user was a metaphor for a otherwise extremly defective romanian airforce. also the title of the thread - " another Mig lancer lost" - with focus on the word -another - gives the indication of the frequence of such an event. of course i agree that comrade Commisar's reply was not exactly a show of knowlegeability, however, i believe it is your mission as a MODERATOR of this forum not to use the club, but the word first. u should be an example to imitate, not to fear. last time i checked, Becali was not president of Romania.

also, since u are not, to the extent of my knowledge, a professional critic of the romanian media, your remark abut the "Libertatea" publication is void of any value. you have used towards it the same line of reasoning that Comrade comissar used to express his opinion about the romanian airforce. however, since u considered that , by being a moderator, the same line of reasoning can lead, in your case, to a superior form of argumentation, this tells a lot.

u should appologise to all the forum members for that. i hope that from now on u will Moderate, not Anihillate. we thank you

Indrid

This post has been edited by Indrid on March 12, 2005 10:30 am
PMICQ
Victor
Posted: March 12, 2005 10:41 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Indrid, from what I know you aren't a moderator on any serious forum, so forgive me for not considering your opinion of any actual value. I expect you to adress the topic at hand here, not your beliefs. For that there is the Comments&Suggestions section of the forum, so please do it there.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Indrid
Posted: March 12, 2005 10:44 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent
Group Icon

i sure would like to hear the opinion of other members of this forum towards your attirude. considering that in your eyes i am the lowest of the low on this forum.

would you?
PMICQ
Dénes
Posted: March 12, 2005 02:38 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Indrid @ Mar 12 2005, 04:44 PM)
i sure would like to hear the opinion of other members of this forum towards your attirude.

I found Victor very knowledgeable and a correct Moderator. He moderates other military history forum(s) as well, so he has experience in doing this.

Gen. Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Indrid
Posted: March 12, 2005 05:03 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent
Group Icon

i agree victor has good skills in military issues. what i meant was the attitude towards forum members sometimes. that was it.
PMICQ
Warlord
Posted: March 26, 2005 02:36 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 539

I agree whit Indrid...
Victor can sometimes be very irritating... unsure.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
C-2
Posted: March 26, 2005 08:12 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

It's his forum and his choice to act as he considers.
In my point of view ,many times he was too "soft".
PMUsers Website
Indrid
Posted: March 27, 2005 07:43 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent
Group Icon

i think the lack of people giving out their opinion can lead to two conclusions: either they are scared to be banned or the number of regular posters never goes higher that 30 or 40 out of the 500 registered users. each one is a disastrous conclusion.

and the whole " it's Victor's site and he can do what he wants " is a backward totalitarin communist propaganda flag that has no place in a civilized forum. how can anyone express his opinion knowing that he might get banned just for something passing through the moderator's mind?

since this forum is a place of interaction of people in a virtual environment, i do not see why rules applying in the outside should not be applyed on the inside as well. we are people even here, on this forum, remember that!

in the long term, this attitude may drive people away instead of making them join, and a forum without members ( because there are unbelievably few posters on thsi one compared, for example to the one of the paradox forums where Alexandru is a member) can truly allow the moderators the control they so eagery seem to need.

thank you

PMICQ
dragos
Posted: March 27, 2005 08:32 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Indrid @ Mar 27 2005, 10:43 AM)
i think the lack of people giving out their opinion can lead to two conclusions: either they are scared to be banned or the number of regular posters never goes higher that 30 or 40 out of the 500 registered users. each one is a disastrous conclusion.

I think there can be more than two conclusions. Other would be that some of the members restrict themselves at posting on strictly military history issues, and are not interested in chit-chat. Other conclusion would be that some of the members are not uncomfortable with the way this forum is moderated.

Remeber that our goal is not to have a forum with lots of members ranting wathever they want, but to have a rather limited focus on military history. Keep this in mind before making inappropriate comparisons with other forums.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Zayda
Posted: March 27, 2005 10:04 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 300

I'm sorry but i have to say i agree with Indrid...
the attitude of the moderators can sometimes be....well, based on impulses of the moment rather than judgement.

sad.gif
PM
alexkdl
Posted: March 27, 2005 10:11 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata
Group Icon

Member No.: 373

All I can say about this issue , that without the Forum Admin....the increasing neo nazism ,fascist and racial hatreate nostalgic feelings expressed by some of the members on here as well abusive and offensive comments being posted from time to time..... would have changed the Rumanian Military History Forum into an undesired forum only very few would have liked to visit. I therefore think that the Admin criticizm on here is not appropriate but rather a reflection of personal issues .

And talking about Victor as moderator , I find his military and military aviation knowledge outstanding in addition I think he's A OK moderator .

Alex

This post has been edited by alexkdl on March 27, 2005 10:24 am
PM
C-2
Posted: March 27, 2005 07:59 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

To remaind you people;the name of this forum is"ROMANIAN MILITARY HISTORY FORUM "!
Victor and Dragos made this site in order to promote the "ROMANIAN MILITARY HISTORY"
The fact that we have also topics as comments and sug. can show that this is a democratic forum.
We (and I'm talking about the members that are interested about the military history of Romania)don't want any personal attacks on forum members and other unintelectual behaviors.
There are enough forums for thinks like this.
Zayda,since you joined you posted less then a post per month....
Not micu contribution to this forum...

This post has been edited by C-2 on March 27, 2005 08:02 pm
PMUsers Website
Indrid
Posted: March 28, 2005 10:35 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent
Group Icon

speakign about agresiveness..........

i do not believe the number of posts is important. picking on Zayda was a low shot. i did not think you could do that. i am dispointed in you

dry.gif
PMICQ
Alexandru H.
Posted: March 28, 2005 11:01 am
Quote Post

Sergent major
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

Let's all do what Iamandi does in order to increase the total post count and become valuable members: cut-n-paste every damn piece of information that might interest at least one person in this whole world.

I am not a piece of mass-product, therefore I think I won't try very hard to become a valuable member of this society of truly inspiring historians. I like to find more about history of the Romanian forces and I won't argue without any prior knowledge about the advantages or disadvantages of the romanian "human wave" tactic.

What Indrid said was about a moderating attitude, not about Victor's historical background. And, as I said before, in a recent thread, I believe he is not moderating but administrating this forum. A difference between a communitarian approach and a capitalistic one. I, for one, have low regards for capitalism and mass-market, therefore I am critical on his performances as a moderator...
PMUsers Website
Indrid
Posted: March 28, 2005 11:03 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent
Group Icon

thank you
PMICQ
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0363 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]