Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (9) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The reconstruction of Arges River Battle
cipiamon
Posted: May 11, 2006 11:17 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 115

Reenactment video secvence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZFRp3nWlh8&search=ww1

I hope our reenactemt will be far better then this "joke"....
PM
mihnea
  Posted: May 12, 2006 09:47 am
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

laugh.gif There are many bad examples; and many farbs in the world, especially in USA.
But that is a good example of what not to do.
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: June 27, 2006 03:28 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 93

Well beside WWII, I also do a WWI AEF impression with the Great War Association.
Here is the link to it, check out the pics. We have to build and keep up our own section of the trenches plus build bunkers, lay wire, etc.

Great War Association
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Cristian
Posted: July 18, 2006 03:17 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 415

Some snapshots taken by Mihnea during one of reenactors meetings.Notice the young "hybrid will-be reenactor"! biggrin.gif
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Dan Po
Posted: July 30, 2006 09:43 am
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 226

Unfortunatelly, at 2 september I have to be at a wedding sad.gif No way to come. But pls consider me for the next event wink.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
New Connaught Ranger
Posted: August 21, 2006 07:00 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 770

QUOTE (cipiamon @ May 11, 2006 11:17 pm)
Reenactment video secvence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZFRp3nWlh8&search=ww1

I hope our reenactemt will be far better then this "joke"....

Hallo cipiamon

Looks like the guys in the video trailer were trying their best at their re-enactment, all groups have to start somewhere, hopefully, you or another member of the Forum will be filming "The reconstruction of Arges River Battle" so members of the Forum can post some constructive critisicm.

Anyway good Luck with your efforts.

Kevin in Deva biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
Claudiu1988
Posted: August 22, 2006 10:00 am
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 398

I am interested in the weapons. Where did you get them and how much did htey cost?

Who is in the phots because I am interested in knowing them because I think I will be there on the 2nd of semptember.
PMEmail Poster
mihnea
Posted: August 22, 2006 12:03 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

All the Mosins are from MMN, the rest are owned by those that appear in the second picture, in foreground. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Von Maybach
Posted: August 24, 2006 04:47 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 209

Can someone provide more detailed informations regarding the location of the place ( the fort ) ? - a map and so on. And, also important - how can you get ther ( besides a car biggrin.gif , I do not have one :| ) - is there a bus line or something ?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Von Maybach on August 24, 2006 04:48 pm
PM
Kepi
Posted: August 24, 2006 07:53 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 680

Please find here enclosed some details concerning the commemoration and Arges River battle reconstruction. The Military Museum staff and reenactors are working hard to prepare this show. Colonel Ceraceanu’s men started to clean the terrain and the fort area and raise the camp. We checked the weapons (almost 60 rifles, 5 pistols, 3 HMGs, 3 “Puteaux” 75 mm field guns, dozens of fire crackers, etc.), acquired the blank ammo (6,000 7.62 x 54 cartridges, 100 9 mm “Parabellum”) and 600 .22 cartridges for Geco rifles (it will be possible to fire in the shooting range), etc. I think they will make a lot of noise.

Unfortunately, because of the Francophony Summit the mayoralty cancelled any street march starting from the 1st of September. This surprising decision also affected our intention to organize a commemorative march through the streets of Bucharest, from the Royal Palace square to the Grave of the Unknown Soldier in Park Carol. So, on Friday evening only a small commemoration ceremony will be held in Park Carol, in front of the Grave of Unknown Soldier.

On Saturday, 2nd of September, at 11.00 AM, will start the demonstration and reconstruction show. For security reasons, the audience will see the show from outside the barbed wire wall, on the elevated stalls. After this show, at about 01.00 PM, the public will enter in the fort area and visit the small exhibitions set up by the Museum, Colonel Ceraceanu’s men will install a real telegraphic line, will visit the Fort, the reenactors camp, will fire in the shooting range, will eat the traditional military meal {pork and beans) and will drink beer and refreshments.

The access is free. Interested people could come with the personal car, the public transport: Maxi-taxi “Chibrit-Buftea” from “Chibrit” square, RATB bus 304 from LAROMET (stop “CFR Centura”). From the National Military Museum 4 army buses will leave at 10.00 AM towards Fort Mogosoaia.

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Kepi
Posted: August 29, 2006 12:24 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 680

user posted image

This is the poster of the show. We hope to have nice weather on the 2nd of September, with no rains or some hot temperature.
PMEmail Poster
Wings_of_wrath
Posted: August 29, 2006 06:34 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 809

Well, here are some pictures from the meeting on Saturday morning. As you can see, this was not supposed to be a "full dress rehearsal" (unlike the ones this week, that will include ammunition and extras, as well) so the uniforms are quite fragmentary and mismatched:

user posted image

The grass was still wet from the night rain, so after the troops were assembled and accounted for, we set out to do a little "off road" marching:
user posted image

Having meandered around the field for a bit, we came back to the starting positions to engage into a few exercises of shooting and grenade throwing, as well as the always popular Bayonet Fencing Drill, from which the following shots are extracted:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Dénes
Posted: August 30, 2006 03:06 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

A short note about the event published in the 'Adevarul' daily:
http://www.adevarulonline.ro/2006-08-30/Ac...ani_196545.html

Gen. Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Victor
Posted: September 01, 2006 06:07 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

The four Army buses that leave from the museum at 10 AM are open for everybody or just officials?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
cipiamon
Posted: September 01, 2006 12:30 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 115

If they wanna do this right, they should inform the public what happened then, the exact situation, and secondly put those ww1 mustaces on some soliders wink.gif
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (9) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0676 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]