Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanian Fighter Colours 1941-1945, forthcoming book from MMP
Radub
Posted: August 08, 2011 10:41 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Members
Member No.: 476

QUOTE (lancer21 @ August 08, 2011 09:47 pm)

Another thing is ( i might be wrong here of course), but i have the feeling that in a couple of pictures the G-2/G-4 subtypes of the Bf-109G are mixed up (i swear i can see the wing fairings for the bigger main gear tyres and the bigger tail wheel aswell in a picture labelled as Ga-2).

The bulges on the wings are no good when it comes to separating the G-2 from the G-4. The bulge on the wing was fitted to either even when the landing gear used the spoked type of wheel, which was also used on the G-4. The only definitive difference between the two types was the radio. The G-2 used the FuG VII radio wheas the G-4 used the FuG16 radio. This difference was visible externally. The antenna lead on the G-2 was connected to a large ceramic insulator around mid-fuselage. The antena lead on the G-4 entered the fuselage just ahead of the tail fin. Look at the antenna and you can identify the type.
HTH
Radu
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
lancer21
Posted: August 09, 2011 07:32 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Group: Members
Member No.: 2883

Apreciate your explanation Radub, many thanks. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0348 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]