Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Securitate-Dynamo connection?
Greg Collins
Posted: June 04, 2009 12:43 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 2382

A bizarre question, but one I'd really like an answer to. Was there a connection between the Securitate "community" (Interior Ministry, Security, Police) and the Dynamo Bucharest sports club?

The reason I'm asking is that the KGB had a connection to the Dynamo clubs in their areas, the Stasi had a very strong connection to the Dynamo clubs in the DDR, and I was just wondering if the same connection existed between the Securitate and the Dynamo club in Romania. Thanks!
PMEmail Poster
Victor
Posted: June 04, 2009 06:06 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Yes, Dinamo was the Securitate's club. After the "Revolution" it became the club of the Ministry of the Interior Affairs.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Greg Collins
Posted: June 04, 2009 01:59 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Thanks very much for your reply. Is there any book or website that you could recommend for the study of the overall Securitate community; organization, the different aspects of it, etc.?
PMEmail Poster
Cristian
Posted: June 04, 2009 03:35 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 415

QUOTE (Greg Collins @ June 04, 2009 01:59 pm)
Thanks very much for your reply. Is there any book or website that you could recommend for the study of the overall Securitate community; organization, the different aspects of it, etc.?
PMEmail Poster
dead-cat
Posted: June 04, 2009 05:07 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 99

actually it was the club of the ministry of the internal affairs from the very beginning in 1948.
in the late 80ies, 35 lei (IIRC) were substracted from every "policeman's" salary for the 2 football teams, Dinamo and Dinamo Victoria.

the "unofficial" securitate team was Flacara Moreni, powered by Tudor Postelnicu's involvement.

in the GDR, Dynamo Berlin was the team of the "Ministerium für Staatssicherheit" (which is not the same thing as the ministry of internal affairs, of course).
there was however, no notable involvement of the "stasi" in Dynamo Dresden.

This post has been edited by dead-cat on June 04, 2009 05:11 pm
PMYahoo
Greg Collins
Posted: June 04, 2009 07:44 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

You bring this to an interesting point in stating: "Ministerium für Staatssicherheit" (which is not the same thing as the ministry of internal affairs, of course)". True, they were two separates entities; however, the lines DID blur on occassion (and I'm not just speaking of when the MfS became a department of the MfI). Members of the MfI were routinely called upon to work for the MfS. Could this also be said of the Romanian Securitate? Were members of the Internal Ministry such as Police (Militia) and the Security Troops routinely called upon to work for the Securitate? And were they not, more or less, considered part of the Securitate community?
PMEmail Poster
dead-cat
Posted: June 04, 2009 10:33 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 99

of course blurring did occur. the "securitate" was part of the ministry of internal affairs in romania from 1972 when the council of state security and the so-called "ministerul afacerilor interne" were joined under the name "ministerul de interne".

in the GDR the same thing happened, but only briefly, after the 1953 revolt, for 2 years, after which it became a ministry again.

This post has been edited by dead-cat on June 04, 2009 10:36 pm
PMYahoo
Greg Collins
Posted: June 04, 2009 10:47 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Though the conversation has drifted away (totally my fault) from the original question, I very much appreciate all responses. Thanks!
PMEmail Poster
MMM
Posted: June 05, 2009 05:01 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 2323

OoT, but interesting: Steaua, which was the Army's team, benefited much more from the interfering of officials, and especially from recruiting the good players - and automatically they became Steaua players, after being drafted. The Security did not, AFAIK, do that - the recruiting, I mean...

This post has been edited by MMM on June 05, 2009 02:07 pm

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Victor
Posted: June 05, 2009 06:30 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (MMM @ June 05, 2009 07:01 am)
OoT, but interesting: Steaua, whih was the Army's team, benefited much more from the interfering of officials, and especially from recruiting the good players - and automatically they became Steaua players, after being drafted. The Security did not, AFAIK, do that - the recruiting, I mean...

Right, the Securitate were a bunch of fair play loving guys. rolleyes.gif They only influenced the referees, bullied or blackmailed opposition players and officials, influenced the Federation and arrested and threatened players that would refuse to play for Dinamo. Imagine why Dinamo is probably the most disliked club in Romania.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MMM
  Posted: June 05, 2009 02:06 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 2323

Hehehehe! I didn't know that! Valentin Ceauşescu and Andone's episode was great, anyway! Too bad there wasn't an youtube back then... smile.gif

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0764 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]