Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Moderator's attitude
Indrid
Posted: April 01, 2005 06:33 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 142

well then, stop chatting.
PMICQ
C-2
Posted: April 01, 2005 05:26 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

To hear such a suggestion from one of the "top" chatters......
PMUsers Website
Victor
Posted: April 01, 2005 06:08 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Let's clear up some things.

Once a member joins the forum he/she accepts the forum guidelines and I expect him/her to do his/her best to respect them. It is very simple IMO. Unfortunately not all members do this, so the admins have to keep the forum under constant surveillance to see if the rules are broken or if the discussion degenarates to chat-room level and issue warnings to those who fail to respect their obligations as members. The language used by both me and Dragos was never the likes of the shouting mentioned by Indrid:
TOPIC CLOSED!!!! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SPEAK ABOUT THAT !!! WE WILL BAN YOU IF YOU TRY AGAIN!!!

It was always on a calm tone and it isn't personal. Some of you may not like the phrasing, but look at it this way. I don't like loosing time while having to browse through many uninteresting topics unrelated to Romania in WW2, yet you don't see me complain about having to respect my duties as admin.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
cnflyboy2000
Posted: April 03, 2005 09:52 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Group: Members
Member No.: 221

QUOTE (dragos @ Mar 30 2005, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (Indrid)
if th moderators did not want general discussion and post ww2 chat why did they make these threads?

I'm sorry but where did I say that moderators do not want general discussion? However, if you think that general discussion must not be constrained by any guidelines or rules, here I cannot agree with you. We are for general discussion and chit chat, but within some limits, mostly of common sense.

QUOTE (T-34)
I don't think the nr of posts is that important..

Of course the number of posts is not important. What it is important, is the information and the manner of posts.

Personally, I like the GD threads a lot. I hope they never die or fall victim to the kind of stupid flame wars u see on some other forums. I would rather look at snapshots of Panka than of Panzers any day, and even Victor's photos are a tolerable diversion.

IMO. the threads are lively and interesting; We are a bunch of very opiniated, mostly well informed people..we disagree on lots of things, and it's easy to get hot under the collar quick. I think the admins mostly do a good job of walking the line between keeping the lid on it, without letting the threads get so booooooring that nobody wants to read them.

In support of my view, I would point to exhibit A, Indrid's famous and popular "favorite women" thread. I don't know if u noticed, but it's slowly became a little racier, edgier over time, imo. I guess, if the admins wanted to keep it strictly within the original guidelines, they could have iced it by now, but fortunately (imo) they have chosen not to....

Look guys: whether u know or care, there IS no other good forum of any kind I'm aware of coming out of Ro. Just some stupid tourist trap sites or some airheads talking about what kind of cellphone they own. U r a national resource, imo. In time, more people may find out about it...selfishly, I hope not.

There's pretty good INFORMED discussion and lively debate to be had here on a wide variety of topics. I hope it goes on forever, or at least for a little while longer.

I don't envy the job the admins have to do; reading all this stuff and keeping the Indians on the reservation. So I suggest we cut them a little slack. They are not the enemy....the guys on the "My Romanian Cell Phone" "Forum" or "Romanian Brides 4 U Forum" are the enemy.

Just one humble opinion from across the pond.

cheers to all.
PMYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0399 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]