Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Hs129 - Vlasov incident
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: February 03, 2006 07:02 am
Quote Post

General de brigada

Group: Members
Member No.: 328

I read in several books and also on this website about last mission of the Hs129 which made the remaints of Vlasov army crack and surrender to the allies. Is this event true or is it fiction ?
from this site:

It flew one of the last missions of the war in Europe against elements of the Vlasov Army, which refused to surrender after 9 May 1945, and "convinced" them to give up fighting.

I was talking to someone on another forum and he said:

Only little quote on Vlasov Army, I have never read of such event, the Vlasov army only fight was during Prague uprising in May 1945 on the side of Czechs (did not prevent those poor guys from being chased and killed by NKVD), and there is certainly were not used Hs-129...
PMUsers Website
Dénes
Posted: February 03, 2006 02:39 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

It is certain that the Rumanian 'asaltisti' who took part in the above-described mission believed that they were targeting rogue elements of the Vlasov Army.
Who know what the actual truth is...

Gen. Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Victor
Posted: February 03, 2006 03:50 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

The event is most likely true. Vlasov's 1st Division was refused the surrender by the Americans and were instructed to try to escape individually over to the American controlled territory. Most of them didn't make it, as they were captured or killed on 12 May 1945. The possibility that several of the division's elements decided to die fighting is very likely, hence the intervention of the Romanian Hs-129s.

For more details see this article on Feldgrau: http://www.feldgrau.com/rvol.html
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: February 03, 2006 08:04 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Thank you Denes and Victor. What other units do you think they could have hit there ? BTW: who told them they were elements of Vlasov's army ?
PMUsers Website
Victor
Posted: February 03, 2006 09:14 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

The Soviet command obviously.
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: February 04, 2006 05:17 am
Quote Post

General de brigada

Although I know you were answering to my 2nd question I wish the answer was for the fisrt one laugh.gif
PMUsers Website
Michal
Posted: February 19, 2006 02:16 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 651

I am bit sceptical that ARR planes attacked directly Vlasov Forces, because operational area of ARR was so far from area were where was at the end of war ROA dislocated.

But it is true that Red Army Supreme Command ordered to Air Regiments attacked German and Axis Military Columnes which moved after May 8 1945. There is lot of cases when Red Army Planes attacked and bombed Czech and Moravian towns after armistice. Last such attack should be carried by RKKA planes on May 12 1945.

I know only about incident on May 9 1945 when some 2nd FG ARR planes attacked "Vlasov Troops" north of Brno. There were no Vlasov Troops in Area, they were located between Písek and Milín in Southern, respectively Central Bohemia. Together with units under command of CO of SS Troops in Bohemia and Moravia Gruppenführer von Pückler they were surrendered to Russian on May 12 1945 when Americans didn´t want to took soldiers into captivity.

So, that´s why I think, that ARR planes attacked some isolated group of German soldiers from 1. Panzer Army. It is necessary to say that Brno was liberated on April 26 1945. I guess it could be some German forces trying to escape from Area of Prostějov (Prossnitz), Moravská Třebová (Mährische Trübau) or Litovel, which were situated already north of Brno and were liberated during May 10 1945.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0315 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]