Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tudor Vladimirescu brigades, Highly mentioned in the communist era...
Cutezatorul
  Posted: April 02, 2006 06:18 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 868

What is the truth behind the infamous Tudor Vladimirescu Brigades, who fought alongside the forces of URSS against Romania and Germany? Who composed them, when did they participated in battles ?

Just curious about this things, highly mentioned in the communist era, and a subject now which nobody dares to discuss it freely
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
mabadesc
Posted: April 02, 2006 07:10 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

As far as I know, both the Tudor Vladimirescu and the Horia, Closca & Crisan Divisions were formed from romanian POW's, mostly captured at Stalingrad.

They were not employed in fighting against any Romanian divisions. This was a fundamental requirement stated during "recruiting", and it may be why so many Romanian POW's were willing to join in exchange for their freedom.

I am sure other people on this forum will give you better, more detailed explanations.
PM
dragos
Posted: April 02, 2006 07:12 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Before starting a new topic, I recommend running a search for the subject, as some things have been already discussed.

There is a topic on Tudor Vladimirescu Division here:
http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=799

Also try to avoid writing the entire message in bold, as it should be used to emphasize parts of a text.

Thank you.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0462 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]