Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> WWII Romanian NCO FIELD TUNIC CAVALRY MINT, Withdrawn from Ebay Auction after 1 day!
New Connaught Ranger
Posted: July 01, 2007 07:19 am
Quote Post

Colonel

Group: Members
Member No.: 770

This item was listed for a day on Ebay, the seller then withdrew it because of an "error"in the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...44254&rd=1&rd=1

I think he was made an offer he could not refuse!!The item was listed as being in Hungary.

His description:

Romanian summer weight, iron weave tunic is a large size 44, 1942 dated, mint condition, exposed aluminum dish button front, two upper pockets, rank tress of corporal on shoulder straps, wine/red collar tabs for cavalry, original wool tabs show age and some fade and napping, brass belt ramps with wear to blue, brass collar hook and catch, bandage pocket inside lower right of tunic, inner draw strings to tighten around waist, clean unused and complete condition.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Any opinions on the originality of the piece??

Kevin in Deva. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
Messerschmitt
Posted: July 01, 2007 07:57 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 975

Not really, i can see the color is wrong and i don`t remember they had any red things on the "guler" in ww2. maybe ww1.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Victor
Posted: July 02, 2007 05:54 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Messerschmitt @ July 01, 2007 09:57 pm)
Not really, i can see the color is wrong and i don`t remember they had any red things on the "guler" in ww2. maybe ww1.

The "things" are called peltite. Cherry red was the color of the cavalry, so from this point of view the uniform is correct.

Probably Kepi can give an authorized verdict on the matter.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
21 inf
Posted: July 02, 2007 06:04 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

The "things" are called peltite or petlite?

I believe last is corect.
Victor
Posted: July 02, 2007 07:55 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Yes, petlite is the correct form.
RHaught
Posted: July 02, 2007 11:18 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 93

boonicutza lives in Iasi and knows a cavalry veteran there (my wife's grandfather) so maybe he would be able to get more information from the 2nd lt.
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Kepi
Posted: July 02, 2007 03:44 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 680

QUOTE (New Connaught Ranger @ July 01, 2007 07:19 am)
This item was listed for a day on Ebay, the seller then withdrew it because of an "error"in the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...44254&rd=1&rd=1

I think he was made an offer he could not refuse!!The item was listed as being in Hungary.

His description:

Romanian summer weight, iron weave tunic is a large size 44, 1942 dated, mint condition, exposed aluminum dish button front, two upper pockets, rank tress of corporal on shoulder straps, wine/red collar tabs for cavalry, original wool tabs show age and some fade and napping, brass belt ramps with wear to blue, brass collar hook and catch, bandage pocket inside lower right of tunic, inner draw strings to tighten around waist, clean unused and complete condition.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Any opinions on the originality of the piece??

Kevin in Deva. biggrin.gif

This seems to be a summer field blouse or shirt of a Sergeant.of a bombardment squadron. Romanian Air Force personnel wore grey-blue uniforms but the summer shirts were made in a lighter shade of cotton. Red collar patches (“petlite”) were the symbol of bombardment units, as it was green for fighters, light-blue for observers, etc. Only Officers and NCOs had collar patches but these were not usually carried on the summer shirts.

The item is extremely rare. There are several variants with different types of breast pockets. The Military Museum has only one such blouse but with different style of pockets (three pointed flaps pleated pockets).
PMEmail Poster
REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR
Posted: July 10, 2007 01:01 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Member No.: 198

My personal opinion is that the uniform is Austrian and not Romanian.
PMYahooMSN
RHaught
Posted: October 29, 2007 09:26 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 93

I've done my research and the seller has been banned from Ebay. He sells fake items and now is on his third website. He also likes to say nice things about you as well after you order from him and then contact him when you do not get it or get the wrong thing. Here is the link:

WWII Central European Militaria WWII and WWI

Received an email from another reenactor and said to check out this thread:

wehrmacht-awards

Buyer beware! unsure.gif

This post has been edited by RHaught on October 29, 2007 09:27 pm
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR
Posted: November 25, 2007 04:41 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Member No.: 198

This seller is much spoken of on the internet. BUYER BE WARE !!!! An American living in Budepest running an internet scam.
PMYahooMSN
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0293 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]