Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> boots and shoes
augustin87r
Posted: February 07, 2010 05:25 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 2727

Hello,

I've been looking for a while over the pictures and discussions on this site , which i find very interesting. Now i decided to ask a question, maybe somebody can answer. (even if it's not related to WW2)

Since the description of the topic tells about ' equipment of infantry, cavalry, artillery, tank forces' etc [I] , maybe somebody can tell me where the boots of officers and soldiers were made during communism. Which factory? My dad has a brown pair because somebody gave it to him (officer i think). They have a stamp (made in romania) imprinted on the soles. It's a round stamp. I would like to know which factory was supplying our army with boots and shoes. And if it's still possible, i'll buy for the sake of history.

With best regards,
Augustin
PMEmail Poster
MMM
Posted: March 01, 2010 04:30 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2323

There defintely was a factory in Bacău, "Partizanul" - at least until 1989 and a couple of years after that; then it renamed "Sonoma", privatized tongue.gif and got bankrupt or something. But for a couple of decades ante-1989, it surely manufactured soldier's boots! I remember some of them got to us, civilians and were highly appreciated! In those days, it was something wink.gif

This post has been edited by MMM on March 01, 2010 04:31 pm

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0418 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]