Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Last battles of summer 1944?
Curioso
Posted: April 17, 2004 08:39 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Group: Members
Member No.: 262

Greetings.
The wonderful series of on-site campaign articles do not cover the summer of 1944 (at least, not yet). Can anybody provide info about the last battles of the Romanian army on the Germans' side, or at least point out an easily available source presenting the Romanian POV?
I have read some accounts, but they are influenced by German sources and the Romanian units' performance is described somewhat uunflatteringly. I wonder however how unbiased were these sources.
Thank you in advance for any input.
PM
Victor
Posted: April 17, 2004 07:35 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Greetings.
The wonderful series of on-site campaign articles do not cover the summer of 1944 (at least, not yet).

And it wil be some time before it will. Next will probably come the 1943-44 campaign of the 1st Air Corps, the 1944 Crimean campaign and teh evacuation of Crimea.

The events of late 1943 and early 1944 are a little blury to me and do not have too much data about them. I too would be very eager to find out more details about those operations or at least about sources dealing with them.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
dragos
Posted: April 17, 2004 07:51 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

They will probably be sooner covered by new chapters added in the "Romania in World War II 1941-1945" forum.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Victor
Posted: April 17, 2004 08:01 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

They will probably be sooner covered by new chapters added in the \"Romania in World War II 1941-1945\" forum.

But not detailed enough... sad.gif
dragos
Posted: April 17, 2004 08:09 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

But not detailed enough...  :(

Some chapters on Bessarabia and N Bukovina campaign were more detailed than the articles on the site.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Victor
Posted: April 17, 2004 08:50 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Not for long :wink:
mabadesc
Posted: April 17, 2004 11:56 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

For detailed, daily accounts (including extracts from CO's and diairies), allow me to suggest a relatively new book by Dutu, entitled "Razboi si Societate", editura Rao, 2003.

So far, only volume I came out, and it covers the period from the beginning of the Bessarabian/Bukovina campaign and ends before the Crimeean campaign.

It's mostly a day-by-day "snapshot", with newspaper quotes from each day, daily orders and operations, skirmishes, battles, etc...
PM
dragos
Posted: April 18, 2004 12:56 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

For detailed, daily accounts (including extracts from CO's and diairies), allow me to suggest a relatively new book by Dutu, entitled \"Razboi si Societate\", editura Rao, 2003.

So far, only volume I came out, and it covers the period from the beginning of the Bessarabian/Bukovina campaign and ends before the Crimeean campaign.

It's mostly a day-by-day \"snapshot\", with newspaper quotes from each day, daily orders and operations, skirmishes, battles, etc...

Actually this volume is from 1999, and no other volume was published till now.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0515 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]